Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 07:17 PM   #3861
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Bathing a Cat
  1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.
  2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lid and seat lifted.
  3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
  4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both seat and lid. (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any purchase they can find.
  5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "powerwash and rinse" which I have found to be quite effective.
  6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.
  7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both seat and lid.
  8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #3862
Give me a forum ...

Here's an alternative to the current candidates for President:

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:07 PM   #3863
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
The Top Ten Lies Told By Graduate Students

10. It doesn't bother me at all that my college roommate is making $80,000 a year on Wall Street.

9. I'd be delighted to proofread your book/article/chapter.

8. My work has a lot of practical importance.

7. I would never date an undergraduate.

6. Your latest article was so inspiring.

5. I turned down a lot of great job offers to come here.

4. I just have to read one more book and then I'll start writing my thesis

3. The department is giving me so much support.

2. My job prospects look really good.

1. No really, I'll be out of here in only two more years.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:13 PM   #3864
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd View Post
The Top Ten Lies Told By Graduate Students

10. It doesn't bother me at all that my college roommate is making $80,000 a year on Wall Street.

9. I'd be delighted to proofread your book/article/chapter.

8. My work has a lot of practical importance.

7. I would never date an undergraduate.

6. Your latest article was so inspiring.

5. I turned down a lot of great job offers to come here.

4. I just have to read one more book and then I'll start writing my thesis

3. The department is giving me so much support.

2. My job prospects look really good.

1. No really, I'll be out of here in only two more years.

I heard 8 of these from my daughter when she visited last weekend.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:58 PM   #3865
Give me a forum ...

Three spies are captured by a terrorist group: French, German and an Italian.

The captors first take the French spy for interrogation. They tie his hands behind a chair and torture him for two hours before he spills the beans. The captors throw him back into the cell and drag the German in for their interrogation. Like before, they tie his hands behind the chair and begin torturing him. The German resists for four hours before giving in. The captors throw him back into the cell and then drag the Italian. They again tie his hands behind the chair and begin torturing him. Four hours pass by, then eight, then sixteen and even twenty four hours later, the interrogators had not gotten a word out of the Italian. Frustrated, they throw him back into the cell.

Impressed by the Italian’s resistance, the other two spies ask him, “How did you manage to keep quiet for so long?” The Italian responds, “Oh, I wanted to talk. But I just could not move my hands.”
Old 03-07-2016, 10:08 PM   #3866
Give me a forum ...

A woman awakens in the middle of the night to find her husband is not in bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of hot cocoa in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes away a tear from his eye.

"What's the matter, dear? Why are you down here at this time of night!?" she whispers as she steps into the room.

The husband looks up from his drink, "It's the 20th anniversary of the day we met."

She can't believe he has remembered and starts to tear up.

The husband continues, "Do you remember 20 years ago when we started dating? I was 20 and you were only 18," he said.

Once again, the wife is touched to tears thinking that her husband is so caring and sensitive. "Yes, I do" she replies.

The husband pauses. The words coming out in a rush. "Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car?"

"Yes, I remember" said the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him. The husband continued. "Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, either you marry my daughter or I will make sure you spend the next 20 years in prison?"

"I remember that, too" she replied softly.

He sighed as he wiped another tear away from his cheek and said, "I would have gotten out today.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:09 PM   #3867
Give me a forum ...

Wife texts her husband on a very cold winter’s morning: "Windows frozen, won't open."

Husband texts back: "Gently pour some lukewarm water over it."

Wife texts back 5 minutes later: "Computer is really screwed up now.”
Technical advances
Old 03-08-2016, 11:15 AM   #3868
Gone but not forgotten

Technical advances

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:01 PM   #3869

OK Harley and imoldernu, my husband and dog are both wondering why I'm cracking up at the computer. Good ones!
Old 03-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #3870
Give me a forum ...

Via the internet:

MEN IN HEAVEN

When everybody on earth was dead and waiting to enter Heaven, God appeared and said,

"I want the men to make two lines: One line for the men who were true heads of their household, and the other line for the men who were dominated by their women. I want all the women to report to St. Peter."

Soon, the women were gone, and there were two lines of men.

The line of the men who were dominated by their wives was 100 miles long and in the line of men who truly were heads of their household, there was only one man.

God said to the long line, "You men should be ashamed of yourselves; I created you to be the head of your household! You have been disobedient and have not fulfilled your purpose! Of all of you, only one obeyed. Learn from him."

God turned to the one man, "How did you manage to be the only one in this line?"

The man replied, "My wife told me to stand here."

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Old 03-11-2016, 06:24 AM   #3871

Bob feared his wife Maryanne wasn't hearing as well as she used to and
he thought she might need a hearing aid. Not quite sure how to approach her,
he called the family Doctor to discuss the problem. The Doctor told him there
is a simple informal test the husband could perform to give the Doctor a better
idea about her hearing loss.

'Here's what you do,' said the Doctor, 'stand about 40 feet away from her, and in a
normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears you. If not, go to 30
feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you get a response.'

That evening, the wife is in the kitchen cooking dinner. He says to himself,
'I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what happens.' Then in a normal tone
he asks, 'Honey, what's for dinner?'

No response.

So Bob moves closer to the kitchen, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats,
‘Maryanne, what's for dinner?'

Still no response.

Next he moves into the dining room where he is about 20 feet from his Wife and
asks, 'Honey, what's for dinner?'

Again he gets no response.

So, he walks up to the kitchen door, about 10 feet away. 'Honey, what's for
dinner?'

Again there is no response.

So he walks right up behind her. ‘Maryanne,
what's for dinner?'

Bob, for the FIFTH time, CHICKEN!'
Old 03-16-2016, 06:44 PM   #3872

A Retiree's Last Trip to Costco

Yesterday I was at Costco buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Necco, the Wonder Dog, which weighs 191#, but that's a different story. While in the checkout line, the woman behind me asked if I had a dog. Did she think I had an elephant? So, since I'm retired and have nothing better to do, on impulse I told her no, that I didn't have a dog, and I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I shouldn't, although I lost 50# the last time, I ended up in the hospital in intensive care with all kinds of tubes coming out of orifices an IVs in both arms.
I told her that it was a great diet, and the way it works was for you to load your pockets up with the dog chow nuggets and pop one or two in your mouth every time you get hungry. ( At this time everyone within earshot is now enthralled with my story.) Horrified, she asked me if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, that I stopped to pee at a fire hydrant and got hit by a bus. I thought the guy behind her was going to pee his pants, he was laughing so hard.
Costco won't let me shop their because of the ruckus I caused, so better watch what you ask those retired people who have nothing better to do, and think up all kinds of crazy things to say. Feel free to forward...

Courtesy of retired BIL.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:56 PM   #3873
Give me a forum ...

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1458183370.785574.jpg

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 03-16-2016, 09:42 PM   #3874
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
Hiding in plain sight.
Poor thing has very loose skin. Needs some "nip and tuck" operations.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 03-20-2016, 11:12 PM   #3875
Recycles dryer sheets

A guy walks into a bar, sits down and has a drink. Suddenly, a man hollers at him, "I screwed your mom last night!" Disturbed, the man tries to ignore him. Again, he hears, "Your mom was good in bed last night!" Again, he tries to ignore it.

The man is just about to speak again but the guy stops him and says, "Dad, go home, you're drunk!"
Old 03-20-2016, 11:13 PM   #3876
Recycles dryer sheets

A Mexican magician tells his audience he will disappear on the count of 3.
He says, "uno, dos...' *poof*...
He disappeared without a tres.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #3877
Give me a forum ...

Received via e-mail:

The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can be in a robe, before you start looking like a mental patient.

My therapist said that my narcissism causes me to misread social situations. I'm pretty sure she was hitting on me.

My 60 year kindergarten reunion is coming up soon and I'm worried about the 195 lbs. I've gained.

I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters.. Do they just give you a bra and say, “Here, fill this out"..?

The speed with which a woman says "nothing" when asked "What's wrong?" is inversely proportional to the severity of the **** storm that's coming..

Denny's has a slogan, 'If it's your birthday, the meal is on us.' If you're in Denny's and it's your birthday... Your life sucks!

If I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "Thank you" is all I need.....not all this, "how did you get in my house" business!

The pharmacist asked me my birthday again today. Pretty sure she's going to get me something.

On average, an American man will have sex two to three times a week; whereas a Japanese man will have sex only one or two times a year. This is very upsetting news to me. I had no idea I was Japanese.

I can't understand why women are okay that JC Penny has an older women's clothing line named, "Sag Harbor."

I think it's pretty cool how Chinese people made a language entirely out of tattoos.

When I die I want to be reincarnated as a spider, just so I can finally hear a woman say “ Oh my God, it's huge!"

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Old 03-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #3878

Just ran across this; it's remarkably true.

20 Things You'll Know if You've Ever Lived Near the Canadian Border | Odyssey
Old 04-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #3879

gotta love this duck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12920323_1897401010486544_8297982144437563786_n.jpg (21.9 KB, 41 views)
Old 04-07-2016, 12:48 PM   #3880
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Love it.

Scottish yoga
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 1.46.47 PM.png (360.7 KB, 40 views)
Closed Thread