Join Early Retirement Today

It's snowing............
Old 01-19-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

It's snowing............

in central Mississippi! First snow we've had in 8-9 years. Let my dog out this morning to do her morning thing and she circled around like she normally does, but never made landing. Looked a little confused about it all. Oh well, when nature forces her, she will go.

Just yesterday I played golf. Sun was out and it felt great. Temps in the mid 50's. Today, suppose to get up to 3 inches of snow. Winter weather a little crazy in the south.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
in central Mississippi! First snow we've had in 8-9 years. Let my dog out this morning to do her morning thing and she circled around like she normally does, but never made landing. Looked a little confused about it all. Oh well, when nature forces her, she will go.

Just yesterday I played golf. Sun was out and it felt great. Temps in the mid 50's. Today, suppose to get up to 3 inches of snow. Winter weather a little crazy in the south.

They keep saying it will turn to snow here in central NC this afternoon. Nice, cannot wait!

Old 01-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Too cold to snow here today. It is 21 below right now.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

My dog used to circle in the snow until a suitable snow-nest emerged, then she'd dump in it, and bury it all for effect.

After several months (you couldn't see it all for daily pick-up until the first Wisconsin melt-off some time in July ) resulted in quite a minefield. One of the reasons I left Wisconsin but the grass sure did grow good in the back yard.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

When one of my dogs was a pup he was house trained during the winter and learned to go on snow. In the spring he had a harder and harder time hunting up little patches of snow, climbing up on crusty snow banks, anything for a patch of snow. Finally he gave up after much encouragement and learned to go on the grass or dirt.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
My dog used to circle in the snow until a suitable snow-nest emerged, then she'd dump in it, and bury it all for effect.

After several months (you couldn't see it all for daily pick-up until the first Wisconsin melt-off some time in July ) resulted in quite a minefield. One of the reasons I left Wisconsin but the grass sure did grow good in the back yard.
I recall a similar behavior with the cats in Upstate NY; about April or May it was cat cleanup detail for us kids.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #7

We got some snow here in Louisiana last evening too. It wasn't quite cold enough for it to stick around, though. My sister in NC told me it was snowing there as well. She's about 90 miles south of where newguy888 is located.

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Here's the proof. My buddy playing in the snow. First snow she has ever seen. Standing by the door right now wanting to go back outside.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #9

We didn't get nearly that much!

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #10

I'm 20 miles south of Green Bay, WI. It's -9 witha -28 wind chill. Packers and Giants should have fun tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

We are enjoying the Atlanta snow with about 2" so far. Laughable, I'm sure, to you diehards in the far north. Fun anyway - Makes me wish I were still in school so we could get a day off.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I think I was there the last time it snowed then. Christmas Day or Dec 26, 2000? I'm trying to remember if it actually snowed then. It was forecast and I was driving from NC to TX and had Christmas dinner with a friend in Starkville, and I remember dropping down to I-10 instead of taking I-20 from there.