Jacuzzi Tub issues

msstuff1

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi I just had a walk in jacuzzi bathtub installed. I filled the tub and turned on the jets and although the jets work, the water began to drain from the tub. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening. Thanks!

With a 1-7 record, I wouldn't want to be around the Jets either.

I had a girlfriend like that once; all of her jets certainly worked but she drained my wallet.............

I don't want to be rude, but perhaps you need to drop a few pounds. RE: Water displacement. :popcorn:

Dear Bennie, you're really keen. Use your electric boots and mohair suit to stop up the drain.

On the side of the hot tub, there is a round thingy that you can hook up a water hose to--to drain the hot tub. Push that thingy in as far as it goes, and the water should quit coming out of the valve.

Most hot tubs are delivered and setup by the companies that sell them. Service is very important to them--which means it's best not to buy at Costco or Sam's Club. They've also got to be hooked up properly through a specialized GFC circuit breaker box and they require heavy wiring.

I have one, and the wiring alone would have been $1K--had I not run the wiring myself.

Good to read a reply that seems serious/helpful.

I recently tried to find manual/service type documentation for a Jacuzzi on the Web and was surprised that it was very difficult to locate.

On the side of the hot tub, there is a round thingy that you can hook up a water hose to--to drain the hot tub. Push that thingy in as far as it goes, and the water should quit coming out of the valve.

I believe the OP is referring to a bathroom tub with a jacuzzi feature, not one of the big patio type hot tubs. I have a whirlpool type tub (American Standard) in my bathroom but it's not the walk-in style. The plumbing for the whirlpool feature I have is a closed system so the only place for water to drain, unless there's a leak, is through the tub drain or the overflow valve.

I found a jacuzzi message board and made my first post, asking if I should pay off the mortgage.

Tough to take the OP seriously with that teed-up first post.

If the water level goes down, and continues to do so, only after the jets are started, there is a water leak within the jet system.

I believe the OP is referring to a bathroom tub with a jacuzzi feature, not one of the big patio type hot tubs. I have a whirlpool type tub (American Standard) in my bathroom but it's not the walk-in style. The plumbing for the whirlpool feature I have is a closed system so the only place for water to drain, unless there's a leak, is through the tub drain or the overflow valve.

My mistake. Never mind.

I found a jacuzzi message board and made my first post, asking if I should pay off the mortgage.

For some reason, I laughed myself silly at this. Well done, GrayHare.

Back
Top Bottom