Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaCheesehead View Post
Congrats - I would never get tired of that view.

I am one week into my first snowbird experience (retired last Nov) and have a condo right on the gulf rented for 5 weeks. Question regarding your condo and guest rules. From your description, rentals in your building are probably not allowed, correct? If I were to fall in love with this experience and want a condo of my own I would not want a place that allowed rentals or VRBO, etc. Was it easy to find a place like that? Are prices for non-rental complexes higher or lower for the same level of unit? I could see it going either way.

Thanks for any insight you (or anyone reading) can offer.

The condo association does allow leasing of the unit after the first year of ownership, but the potential tenants have to pass a credit and criminal background check. Credit score must be at least 700. They are also interviewed by two members of the board of directors (as I must). Minimum rental period is 90 days. Any criminal activity or late rent/mortgage payments in their history disqualifies them. They have to agree to abide by all the condo rules or they're history.
Many of the places we looked at did not allow leasing or limited it to one or two 90 day periods during their ownership lifetime.
I don't think there'll be much spring break activity in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Dash man is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!