JT

Since there seems to be more than a few JT fans here :greetings10: I thought I'd mention that he'll be performing at Fenway Park in early August, along with the glorious Bonnie Raitt.

Tix go on sale this Monday -- see the James Taylor site

Two of my all-time favorite singers, probably the only two that I'd remotely consider flying cross-country to see. :blush:

Do his fans call him JT? I had to click on the link to find out who JT is.

Guess I'm not one of the hip ones!

Since there seems to be more than a few JT fans here :greetings10: I thought I'd mention that he'll be performing at Fenway Park in early August, along with the glorious Bonnie Raitt.

I'm going to queue up first thing Monday. That's very near where I used to live and work. If I can't get up there, I'm sure I can find someone who can.

I know he is from New England now, but I can't help but think he never lost his Southern roots. You can tell it in the rhythms.

Last edited:
I got my tickets this morning, it took a while to get through! Look for a guy in a black Red Sox cap on the turf.

James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt!

I got my tickets this morning, it took a while to get through! Look for a guy in a black Red Sox cap on the turf.

James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt!

Congratulations! I read that the advance sale tix sold out real quick-like this morning.

I hope you have a blast. :dance:

- Rosie, who'll be keeping a lookout for JT or Bonnie performances on the west coast (I hate flying).

He usually plays the 4th of July at Tanglewood in Lennox, Ma. $25 for a lawn seat. BYOB, a lawn chair and some food and have a great evening under the stars followed by fireworks.

What a great pair. I saw Bonnie Raitt years ago and loved it.

Congratulations! I read that the advance sale tix sold out real quick-like this morning.

I hope you have a blast. :dance:

- Rosie, who'll be keeping a lookout for JT or Bonnie performances on the west coast (I hate flying).

I was determined and there at 10 o'clock sharp. I kept hitting "refresh" till I got through. And I did :)

I hope they go west. Now I have to figure out how to get to Boston. I know that place and do not want to drive!

We were trying to do "i Was A Fool To Care". I was on acoustic and singing and couldn't figure out that lick. I had to have a pianist show me on the piano. It's such a great song.

Last edited:
General tickets (not presale) are available tomorrow. As Rosie said, the early ones sold out quickly.

I would post the email they sent, but that is dangerously close to advertising. If you are interested, I'm sure you can find the website.

So excited. Lucky to get the pre-sale tickets also. What a duo!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

He had an early album entitled JT and I guess it stuck.

JT referred to himself as "JT" in this 1970 album cut:

Big fan of JT since 1970 and have seen him in concert twice. Funny, but when I saw "JT" in the thread title, James Taylor was the ONLY thought which occurred to me. So glad I was correct. YMMV

Great tune, Koolau. I think that was Danny Kortchmar playing with him. JT never played guitar like that.

I knew it instantly. Long time JT fan. But, he played here in Charleston Friday night and I skipped it to hear a favorite Americana bar band outta Raleigh instead. I think he would have approved, being a longtime Tarheel himself.
And the price difference on the tickets certainly helped my decision. I still hold on to the picture of JT as he was on the cover of Sweet Baby James, so it is hard for me to want to see him at SS collection age. :) Not that he doesn't still have a great voice and stage presence.
Y'all will have a great time at the show--I love Bonnie as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I knew it instantly. Long time JT fan. But, he played here in Charleston Friday night and I skipped it to hear a favorite Americana bar band outta Raleigh instead. I think he would have approved, being a longtime Tarheel himself.
And the price difference on the tickets certainly helped my decision. I still hold on to the picture of JT as he was on the cover of Sweet Baby James, so it is hard for me to want to see him at SS collection age. :) Not that he doesn't still have a great voice and stage presence.
Y'all will have a great time at the show--I love Bonnie as well.

I bet I know who that band was :)

The price was ridiculous - almost twice Ringo! But I'd be a fool to care!

These people won't be around forever (nor will we). They lay it out there for us.

Last edited:
Oooh, yeah! I got our seat assignments for Fenway. The stage will be placed in centerfield, we are located right in front of the Green Monster.

I am thinking of making this a week's trip and revisit the places I used to hang out. Plus, it's not like there's nothing to see in Boston! ;)

So excited for you, Steely! It is going to be a great show!
He is a relentless touring musician, I am amazed when I look at his schedule.
Hope you have fun in Boston!

I'm just a grumpy curmudgeon---but I'm sick of the 'initial' thing. Back in the day, FBI & CIA were OK, but now everything's initials. Jeez---just spell it out--how hard is it! YMMV--LOL

I'm just a grumpy curmudgeon---but I'm sick of the 'initial' thing. Back in the day, FBI & CIA were OK, but now everything's initials. Jeez---just spell it out--how hard is it! YMMV--LOL

It's just a nickname. My friends must have at least a half-dozen for me, one of which is my first and last initials. I like it, but they don't roll off the tongue as nicely as "JT".

When I see JT I immediately think Josef Triebensee.

Back
Top Bottom