Join Early Retirement Today

Juice no longer on the loose
Old 09-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Juice no longer on the loose

FOXNews.com - O.J. Simpson Arrested in Armed Robbery of Las Vegas Hotel Room - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Quote:
LAS VEGAS — O.J. Simpson was arrested Sunday on charges related to the armed robbery of Simpson sports memorabilia from a Las Vegas hotel room, Las Vegas police said Sunday.
Comments?...concerns?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

A topic for another book perhaps?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
I'll read it right after I finish the previous one...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

He is known for his ability to hire good legal representation.
FinanceGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

All this and Greenspan, too, Wahoo, not a slow news week.
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceGeek View Post
He is known for his ability to hire good legal representation.
Too bad Johnny's dead.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:30 AM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

How many times is this guy gonna be framed?

Damn you Mark Furhman.......
Eyerishgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
from the borowitz report:

O.J. Authors “If I Robbed Them”

New Book Explores Hypothetical Armed Robbery

Just days after being arrested for armed robbery of sports memorabilia, former football great O.J. Simpson announced today that he was the author of a new book entitled, “If I Robbed Them.”

Speaking at a press conference in Las Vegas, Mr. Simpson described his latest literary venture, which he called “an attempt to get inside the mind of someone who would commit armed robbery of sports memorabilia.”

“Personally, participating in armed robbery of sports memorabilia is something that I would never do,” Mr. Simpson said. “That’s what made writing this book such a challenge, imagination-wise.”

Legal experts questioned the wisdom of Mr. Simpson’s decision to author this latest tome, since the publication of a book about a hypothetical incident of armed robbery of sports memorabilia could potentially make a jury suspect that Mr. Simpson himself had participated in such a crime, should his case someday go to trial.

But the former Heisman trophy winner’s new book received a vigorous defense from its publisher, Judith Regan, who said she came out of retirement to publish Mr. Simpson’s latest effort.

Sitting by Mr. Simpson’s side at the press conference, Ms. Regan said that readers of “If I Robbed Them” would recognize the “honesty and forthrightness that have become synonymous with O.J. Simpson.”

“I’ve been a publisher for a long time, and I’ve never encountered an author as truthful as O.J.,” she said. “Well, maybe James Frey.”
Old 09-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #9
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'm sure OJ is hot on the trail of the real thief or thieves.
FinallyRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:32 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

So, how does it work here?

1. I'm figuring that the authorities do not want to be embarrassed again, so they wouldn't have arrested him unless they were 110% certain that they could get a conviction, yes?

2. Even if all the stuff was his, and was stolen from him, it makes no difference in the eyes of the law, yes?

3. Anything related to the murders would be totally inadmissible in this trial, yes?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

The Las Vegas Police Dept. came up in an Ebay fraud case. I bid on a four-year extension to my "Esquire" subscription and won it on the second bid for $4.24. Ebay’s feedback system had a 3-mo. limit and most subscriptions take longer than that to start so the seller had no bad feedback. I got a flurry of e-mails informing me I should have known better, if the deal looks too good to be true, it probably is. Considering the rapid decline in the quality of this once-great rag, I disagreed. I e-mailed the seller, the e-mail bounced. Another very long e-mail arrived from a concerned eBayer informing me that the seller is under investigation by the LVPD. I looked at the LVPD info.–they had a complaint process which I declined to use for a possible $4.24 loss. By the fifth month, the subscription started and went its entire four years while the magazine declined even further; I won’t renew it, not even for free.

The point of this is that if the LVPD has time to go after that kind of petty fraud, I can’t wait to see what they do with armed robbery.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #12
Full time employment: Posting here.

I feel like I am living in a time warp - OJ arrested and Hillary with a health care plan. What year is this exactly?
I would not have anyone adopt my mode of living...but I would have each one be very careful to find out and pursue his own way, and not his father's or his mother's or his neighbor's instead. Thoreau, Walden
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
I feel like I am living in a time warp - OJ arrested and Hillary with a health care plan. What year is this exactly?
Ideas whose time has come?
Old 09-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #14
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Too bad it's not the other way around.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
It's the 1990's..........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

Given the wrongful death judgements facing him, I'm guessing he prolly doesn't have the liquidity to get someone of Johnny's calibre this time 'round.
FinanceGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceGeek View Post
Given the wrongful death judgements facing him, I'm guessing he prolly doesn't have the liquidity to get someone of Johnny's calibre this time 'round.
I think he has fallen back to .38 caliber.........
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #18
Full time employment: Posting here.

Bah, let 'em post bail. It's not like he's a flight risk and would jump into a white ford bronco, or, er... wait.

-CC