Join Early Retirement Today

Junk Mail!!!
Old 08-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Junk Mail!!!

Ahhh!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Long story short...my wonderful, perfect, couldn't be better MIL sent my wife a couple of items during her surgical recovery. Now, it appears that many of the marketing companies *thinks* that she lives with us. This wouldn't be terrible, except that she does a little...OK... A WHOLE LOTTA shopping from catalogs. And when I mean a WHOLE LOTTA, I mean it's probably not unreasonable to guess she spends DEEP in the 6 figures on buying CRAP, CRAP and MORE CRAP from everyone under the sun. That doesn't bother me for the most part; thankfully, my DW doesn't have her shopping genes, so it's of no real concern to me.

However, now we are getting catalogs for her at our house. It's not a catalog here or there, it's HUNDREDS of them. Today alone, there were 38 of them STUFFED in the mailbox. I can't really describe how crazy this has become. When she gets her mail (at HER HOME, not ours), it's delivered in the plastic USPS bins. Most days it's one bin, but come November, it's not uncommon for her to have 3 or 4 BINS that are full of catalogs!!!!

I have tried to figure out some sort of solution to stop them from being delivered at MY house, but short of digging up and throwing the mail box in garbage, I am not sure what to do. Are there any suggestions out there for me?

I know there are unsubscribe services, but you have to physically enter EACH AND EVERY catalog you get for them to "auto request" that it stop. I know I am retired and all, but I really have NO desire to spend time to submit 30+ catalogs A DAY to these services.

Any ideas?!?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2015, 02:55 PM   #2

These folks will eliminate the vast majority of that junk mail for you (it worked for me):

https://www.dmachoice.org
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
These folks will eliminate the vast majority of that junk mail for you (it worked for me):

https://www.dmachoice.org
Thanks for sharing this Braumeister. I have bookmarked this page for my own needs for future reference.
DEC-1982 is offline   Reply With Quote