Just for you from Youtube: Weekly Update

veremchuka

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
irradiated - too close to the nuclear furnace
dated May 13, 2013.

I got an email by this subject!

Since when does Youtube send out weekly updates? Anyone ever get these?

I suspect something fishy.

When I right click on the email and left click on View Full Header I see the To: is my Youtube name. Now that made me think it is legit but maybe someone hacked Youtube and has it?

It ain't easy being a skeptic! I wonder if it is safe to open?

I wouldn't. First, it's never safe to click on unsolicited links. The ones you actually sign up for are bad enough. Second, who cares about a weekly Youtube update? If you are really interested, wait a week or two and see if they still keep coming in. You've lived this long without youtube updates, you can wait a couple more weeks. If it's legit they'll keep sending them. If it's phishing, it's probably a one time thing.

Edit: I just did a quick search, and it appears Youtube does offer weekly updates. But I still wouldn't click on the link. I'd sign onto my Youtube account directly and either unsubscribe or manage the feature to make sure it's legit. I'd still be suspicious based on this being the first one. Unless, of course, you just created your account in the last week or so.

Last edited:
I get these emails all the time. They are harmless. They contain suggestions of Youtube videos you might enjoy based on your viewing history.

Last edited:
I would not open these.
dated May 13, 2013.

I got an email by this subject!

Since when does Youtube send out weekly updates? Anyone ever get these?

I suspect something fishy.

When I right click on the email and left click on View Full Header I see the To: is my Youtube name. Now that made me think it is legit but maybe someone hacked Youtube and has it?

It ain't easy being a skeptic! I wonder if it is safe to open?

+1. If you have signed in with Google and have subscribed to any YouTube channels or if you visit certain channels frequently, this message will arrive. I like watching documentaries and that is reflected in the selection. AFAIK it's harmless. Just delete it if you find it annoying.

+1. If you have signed in with Google and have subscribed to any YouTube channels or if you visit certain channels frequently, this message will arrive. I like watching documentaries and that is reflected in the selection. AFAIK it's harmless. Just delete it if you find it annoying.

Bingo! I have had an account on Youtube for a few years but about 4 days ago I subscribed to someone's channel. It must be that he posted a new video. I can double check this by just going to his channel and looking for anything new.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom