Join Early Retirement Today

Just installed my new security system. Very cost efficient...
Old 04-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Just installed my new security system. Very cost efficient...

mickeyd's HOME SECURITY SYSTEM:

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a big pair of men's used work boots, say size 14-16 .

2. Place them on your front porch, along with several empty beer cans, a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and several NRA magazines.

3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.

4. Leave a note on your door that reads:

Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim, I went to the gun shop for some more ammo.

Be back in 'bout an hour.

Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked the damn mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood.

PS - I locked 'em four up in the house. Still can't find Killer. Best be waiting outside till I get back.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Just installed my new security system. Very cost efficient...
Old 04-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
Dryer sheet wannabe

We used to have an enormous black dog who was a relatively cheap security system. Nothing like a huge dog with an strong growl & bark running towards you to terrify the odd visitor. The biggest danger you would be in was being licked to death though, but our guests weren't to know that

arandomwalk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

We know a elderly single woman RVer who uses much the same sort of idea in real life. She has a pair of large men's work boots, and a HUGE dog water dish and chain that she puts outside her motorhome. She has an NRA sticker prominently displayed on the door, and a recording of what sounds like a really big and vicious dog barking......

With that equipment, she camps alone in everything from isolated areas to roadside rests, and swears by her very cost effective security system.

We had another RVing friend, who has gone to that great RV park in the sky, who had a pump shotgun, although he had never bothered to get shells for it....his feeling was that the sound of that shotgun being pumped was sufficient for his needs.

We swear by our system......the rolling pin that lives beside the bed.......it's a pain to have to walk back in the bedroom every time you want to roll out some biscuits, but sacrifices have to be made in the name of security, I guess. ;-) Of course, if a burglar tried to break in in the middle of the night, we'd argue about who had to get out of the warm bed to bonk him........

LooseChickens
Old 04-08-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

As a gun owner I try not to advertise it in public. I never put any stickers on my car on tell people who don't need to know.

There is a certain % of the criminal population who isn't afraid to try and take guns from those who already have them.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:36 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Funny story here.

Way back when I was doing the dating bar hopping times in the 70s. Met a lady, and ended up well you know her place. And as the night got later I noticed a pair of size 14 Boots behind a door in her apartment, along with some large coats and other mens clothing.

Needless to say, I found a way to get out of there faster than I wanted.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:40 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
As a gun owner I try not to advertise it in public. I never put any stickers on my car on tell people who don't need to know.

There is a certain % of the criminal population who isn't afraid to try and take guns from those who already have them.
I agree - guns are a very desirable product for theives - easy to sell and highly profitable. And I never knew a gun owner who didn't have ammunition on hand.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Needless to say, I found a way to get out of there faster than I wanted.
Good story newguy, however I need to know if the evening was "productive", if you get my drift...

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

I am with dex and saluki 100% on this. Bad idea. Ask any cop.
And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:59 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

sound s like my answereing machine:

hi this is mat and marilyn, we cant come to the phone right now as im busy cleaning my shotgun and marilyn is out walking our doberman and our pitbull.