Join Early Retirement Today
Old 08-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Congratulations!! Our country property became our retirement home, but I do remember the feeling when we sold our main home and then only had one home. The reduction in expenses having only one home caused made it a lot easier for me to decide to ER.
Agree, I am looking forward to doing exactly the same thing, very soon...

boatfishandnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by Andre1969
Okay, time to brag. Last night, I hit a new financial milestone: $750K.
Congrats! Out of curiosity, is this solely from 401(k) and IRA investing? That's how I'm planning to achieve my million. I just hit $100k in January and now I'm at $126k.

Keep up the great work! You'll be at your new goal in no time. What's your magic number?

2035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Good going Ellis. Keep us posted on your progress.

... and better a milestone than a kidney stone!
Rustward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by Andre1969
Okay, time to brag. Last night, I hit a new financial milestone: $750K. Hopefully my bragging won't jinx it!

Just out of curiosity, I went back and looked at my spreadsheet, which goes back to March 1998. Around that timeframe, I was finally recovering from a divorce, and able to save and invest, rather than just pay off debt. By that point, I think I did still have about $10K left in debt from the divorce, which I paid off by November of '98.

Anyway, in March '98, I had about $21K saved up.
By February 2005, I had $250K (took 83 months)
By October 2009 it was $500K (took about 57 months)
Now August 2012, it's $750K (took about 34 months)

With luck, the next big milestone, $1M, will come even quicker! Provided, I didn't just curse myself.
ShortInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets
Congrats! You think your ex also frequently visits this forum?
ratto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets
As an update..... Have decided to keep filling the bucket with $$ for a while longer. Was planning to turn in my notice last week and realized, as the time came closer and closer, that I wasn't ready to call it quits yet. I have one more prospect I REALLY want to see the results from before I stop poking holes in the ground, so have decided to stick around until it gets drilled.

EllisWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote