Just to make you FIREd people happy...

Cool Dood

Full time employment: Posting here.
I had to go to w*rk today! Yes, on a Saturday............ :mad: :mad: :mad:

:'(

If it makes you feel any better I have had to work the last 6 Saturdays with the exception of today. Got the auditors out of my hair so time to put it on cruise control until I retire.  :)

Thanks, guys.

Reading posts like that helps us feel confident that the ER struggle is worthwhile!

I'm so happy that I think I'll spend an hour or so "updating" our tax returns for Fidelity's $#%^ing corrected 1099-DIVs... hey, at least they reflect more qualified dividends than originally stated. Coulda been worse.

Nords, I'm still a number of years from even my first day of FIRE, and already I know it's worthwhile.

Not that filling out tax returns sounds much better, mind you.... but, then, it's not like we don't have to do that before FIREing.

What's different about a Saturday? Oh yes, the markets are closed and the traffic is less.

riskaverse said:
What's different about a Saturday?  Oh yes, the markets are closed and the traffic is less. 
We tend to stay home on the weekends.

There might not be much of a rush hour, but there's a LOT of local traffic.

Saturdays are when I heave a huge sigh of relief and get ready for the Monday morning opening bell...

Hey it rained a lot on this Saturday. The rain was welcomed, since we've been in a drought. So.... Went to the gym for about 2 hours. Yesterday I rented 4 dvds, and I'm halfway through a nice book. That's how the time got spent today with one exception. Had a nap. ;) Life is Good!

i have to get up before noon tomorrow to have lunch with my family. this is too much pressure.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
i have to get up before noon tomorrow to have lunch with my family. this is too much pressure.

On the weekends, I feel a little too much pressure. I can't wait until Monday Morning! :)

Cool Dood said:
I had to go to w*rk today! Yes, on a Saturday............ :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was up at 5am to change a diaper filled with cadmium and sulphur (I'm pretty sure both were the major items), then cooked breakfast and sent the wife off to work (lucky her). Gabe figured out a couple of weeks ago that if he pointed at something, I'd give it to him (mistake), so my next hour was devoted to watching him point at something he cant have and then listening to mildly subdued whining.

Wanna trade? ;)

I have enjoyed the weekdays, with stores being less crowded than on weekends.  Yesterday, I made a big mistake by trying to shop at Trader Joes, aisles were jammed, checkout lines were long.   People were in a hurry/less patient, it sure was frustrating and I think I will stay home on weekends for awhile.

Dave

I worked too.....but in a demonstration garden...for fun.

4 hours of outdoor pleasure.

ex_CFO_now_RVer said:
Yesterday, I made a big mistake by trying to shop at Trader Joes, aisles were jammed, checkout lines were long.
I usually don't worry about not knowing what day of the week it is, but I really curse myself when I go shopping because I've forgotten that it's Saturday/Sunday.

One of the few good things about raising kids (I mean good on a daily basis, not just good for building character) is that you have to have to keep a kid on some sort of household routine.  That helps me keep track of what day of the week it is without having to impose some sort of schedule discipline on myself.

Then we can practice the rallying cry of the ER community: "Thank goodness it's Monday!"

Ugh I get that too. Walk into a store, look around and say "Why are all these people here? What the he....oh yeah, its a weekend". :p

I have only been retired a few months so maybe the problem of what day it is will come with time. Right now I try to have to keep track so I can switch to my weekend coffee mug and have eggs for breakfast instead of cereal. It is the little things that make life worth while. :D

Jeb

I hear you JNY. Got the wrong coffee mug this morning. I knew something wasn't right.

setab

Back
Top Bottom