Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Great idea. I am reasonably plugged into Hawaii's film business. Ok anybody got a script with a tropical location..

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I wish the media would leave these two alone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Gosh that was fast:

Holmes, Cruise reach divorce settlement

They reached a settlement in 6 days.

Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
Great idea. I am reasonably plugged into Hawaii's film business. Ok anybody got a script with a tropical location..
How about "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement" ?.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgyn65 View Post
Kind of an oxymoron obgyn65. If the media left people alone, they wouldn't be enriching themselves at the expense of others and, frankly, that's the bulk of our media. Parasitic scumbags. Of course there's always an exception, a good guy buried amongst the liars and crooks. Just kinda hard to find these days........
Old 07-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgyn65 View Post
The media attention was Katie's not-so-secret nuclear weapon against Tom's powerful friends in Clearwater, FL and Hemet, CA.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye

The media attention was Katie's not-so-secret nuclear weapon against Tom's powerful friends in Clearwater, FL and Hemet, CA.
I thought that was Lord Xenu and some big volcanos?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Paquette View Post
I thought that was Lord Xenu and some big volcanos?
She would have called in the DC-8's for a bombing run!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Great news this means Katie is single, still awfully cute, smart enough to escape the clutches of Scientology and newly rich!

I am pretty much the opposite of Tom Cruise and happy to be the rebound guy. Now I just need to met her

Highway to the danger zone?
Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #29

I just read today that Tom is 50! I had no idea. He still looks about 25 to me.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #30

They became engaged at the Eiffel tower the same night my family and I were there. That's what's interesting to me about their marriage....anything else...not so much.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
How about "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement" ?.
Hum this make take some work to turn the book into a movie. But I suppose if I make Katie a pioneering first woman on the submarine, who gets involved with a grizzled old submariner (that would be me) or maybe I should just be the producer. After they save the world they can retire early to a Hawaii and take up surfing.

I can use Nord's daughter as a consultant.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Hum this make take some work to turn the book into a movie. But I suppose if I make Katie a pioneering first woman on the submarine, who gets involved with a grizzled old submariner (that would be me) or maybe I should just be the producer. After they save the world they can retire early to a Hawaii and take up surfing.

I can use Nord's daughter as a consultant.
If this works out I'd like a supporting role. If nothing else, to get a trip to Hawaii. Oh, one more thing, bunnies would have to be part of the plot line.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
If this works out I'd like a supporting role. If nothing else, to get a trip to Hawaii. Oh, one more thing, bunnies would have to be part of the plot line.

Bunnies absolutely running around with bacon on their heads. How about the kind hearted (taking in stray cats etc) wife of the philandering submariner?
Old 07-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #34
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Bunnies absolutely running around with bacon on their heads. How about the kind hearted (taking in stray cats etc) wife of the philandering submariner?
That should be pancakes on their heads. The rest sounds like the start of a classic, gothic southern novel. Works for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pancake_bunny.jpg (73.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
That should be pancakes on their heads. The rest sounds like the start of a classic, gothic southern novel. Works for me
I think they're doing screen tests of Suri for the role of the pancaked bunny.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #36
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
I think they're doing screen tests of Suri for the role of the pancaked bunny.
Dang! I was hoping for that role.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Dang! I was hoping for that role.
Clif already has you tagged for this part:

Quote:
How about the kind hearted (taking in stray cats etc) wife of the philandering submariner?
And I hear you get to open a big old cast iron fry pan can of whoopass on him at the end!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #38
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Clif already has you tagged for this part:

And I hear you get to open a big old cast iron fry pan can of whoopass on him at the end!
I was going to have you hit him in the head with a coconut. But even better he gives up Katie for you because she doesn't want to retire early and instead want to stay in the navy.

Ok I just need to tie up a few lose ends and contact Katie's agent.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #39
Recycles dryer sheets

She should get child support ONLY...then, since she's the presumed "smarter" of the two she can now go out and support herself with her phenomenal acting skills. Or , she can do as so many, start "hunting" for her next "catch".
She knew he was into Scientology when she married him, if that is the issue for their divorce.We are assuming that her "ice is colder than his" from the religious perspective.This is analagous to people assuming that gays would make worse parents than so-called "straights",though it appears the divorce and domestic dispute / violence rates are higher in heterosexual relationships.......just food for unbiased thought.

In addition, I as perhaps 99.9 % of us have never lived a hour or a day with these 2 individuals so have NO freakin idea of the real relationship or issues.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #40
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferco View Post
She should get child support ONLY...then, since she's the presumed "smarter" of the two she can now go out and support herself with her phenomenal acting skills. Or , she can do as so many, start "hunting" for her next "catch".
She knew he was into Scientology when she married him, if that is the issue for their divorce.We are assuming that her "ice is colder than his" from the religious perspective.This is analagous to people assuming that gays would make worse parents than so-called "straights",though it appears the divorce and domestic dispute / violence rates are higher in heterosexual relationships.......just food for unbiased thought.

In addition, I as perhaps 99.9 % of us have never lived a hour or a day with these 2 individuals so have NO freakin idea of the real relationship or issues.

I agree that she should only get child support.... but what surprised me was a lawyer I saw on TV last night.... she said that she thinks child support should be about $50K per month!!! It seems that the laws support the thinking that the child should live how the supporting parent lives...

SO, since he takes private jets anywhere he goes... his daughter should get private jets... since he shops at high end places, she should be able to shop at high end places.... etc. etc...

That seems a bit strange to me.... I would not support a law like that if it is true...