Keb Mo

Rich_by_the_Bay

Moderator Emeritus
Went to the old Tampa Theater last night (typical ornate old cinema in a funky part of downtown Tampa) to hear Keb Mo . He was as good as I've heard him, just sang alone, switched among 4 acoustic guitars and a banjo. We discovered him first years ago at the NOLA Jazzfest. At that time, Bonnie Rait introduced him and did a couple of songs with him. Shades of Robert Johnson, for those who enjoy blues.

Janet, do you enjoy his work?

If you have any interest in acoustic blues, jazz or genius take any opportunity you get to hear him perform. Wow.

Last edited:
One of my all time favorites!! That first album really affected me. Love his style, presence and tone. Nice going. He is on the Okeh/Epic record label, and that's how I found my favorite artist G. Love. If you've got a chance you should give him a listen as well. He's a bit younger in style than Keb Mo', but the funk and fun is terrific.
Good Tunes Rich,
devo
O0

Thanks for the suggestion. Listened to Keb Mo's work on the net, and really like him alot. Am in the process of buying some new tunes for the CD in the dash of my car. I will try G. Love now...probably will love him, too. I really am a funk kinda gal for the last 35 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom