Khan's estate

I have two white squirrels, I assume they are albino (pink eyes). I recall black squirrels when I lived in Iowa. Squirrels come in many colors/varieties in the USA and elsewhere.

Okay, someone's got to ask it, so it may as well be me:

Do your squirrels come indoors? It definitely looks like it from those photos!

And if I'm not mistaken, you have a cat? Doesn't the cat scare the squirrels?

The squirrels are adorable (I never understood why people with bird feeders objected to the squirrels partaking in the seeds when their antics are so fun to watch and, hey, squirrels gotta eat too!). Your tree is unique and looks very healthy. Love the flowers, especially the black eyed Susans. Do you cut any flowers to bring inside or just enjoy them blooming outdoors?

Okay, someone's got to ask it, so it may as well be me:

Do your squirrels come indoors? It definitely looks like it from those photos!

Sometimes, on days when I don't worry about heating or cooling the house or bugs coming in (usually warm early spring days).

And if I'm not mistaken, you have a cat? Doesn't the cat scare the squirrels?
One large cat who hunts.

It's a delicate balance. As long as the cat is asleep somewhere away from the patio door, there's no problem. Sometimes the cat will be near the patio door (in which case I'll keep it shut except to hand out peanuts) and the cat will watch the squirrels and will sometimes reach a paw out to bat at a squirrel; but I don't open the door far enough for the cat to jump on the squirrel.

What I do have to be careful of is not leaving the door open if the cat is outside. Think of the fun that would ensue if the cat chased a squirrel into the house.

As the cat has gotten older (about 10) he shows very little interest in squirrels; he did catch a few when he was 3 or 4.

The squirrels are adorable (I never understood why people with bird feeders objected to the squirrels partaking in the seeds when their antics are so fun to watch and, hey, squirrels gotta eat too!).
I feel the same way about the hawks that hang around the bird feeders in the winter.

Your tree is unique and looks very healthy. Love the flowers, especially the black eyed Susans. Do you cut any flowers to bring inside or just enjoy them blooming outdoors?
Sometimes I cut some flowers, usually ones that smell nice. I would like to put in a lilac, but it's a very small yard.

I can see why you seem to be very contented with where you live and your life. Seems to suit you very well. I think that having simple pleasures like you have makes a person much more contented than having all the latest and fanciest toys. Sometimes the best things are found in a person's back yard.

Back
Top Bottom