Join Early Retirement Today
Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
They are darlings!

Dreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
They are darlings!
Of course they are. When they aren't smashing things!

justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Mmm, yay. Gabe has well established that daddy can fix things, so he goes around looking for things to break so he can watch me fix them.

I cringe every time I hear "DADAAA! BROKE! FIX IT!!!". Which is at least 3-5 times per day.

I've got two things glued together and setting on the bench right now, and I still have to tool up a new base for his t-ball stand since it was used to whack the fireplace. Which now needs to be retiled.

At least he's wash and wear and needs no ironing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gabe 30 months 013.jpg (324.4 KB, 3 views)
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:50 PM   #44
Full time employment: Posting here.
Keep away from tartrazine, glucose-fructose, sodium benzoate, and transfats.
Zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #45
Dryer sheet wannabe
Jasmine is a darling! Very gorgeous! Her sister too!!

The Master of Washing Machines is very cool too!! /Very handy for the wife, must say!/

Why would kids being dressed as princesses or fairies set-back the women't movement??!!

Princesses are figures of power, beauty & authority!
Faeries have great magical powers & prowess too!!

/Princesses are only seen as 'whiney & powerless' in those old 19th century fairy-tales! & even there not all! *not the kind of tales I'd tell to my kids!*/

That said: limit sugar, healthy food ROCKS!
My Dad cured rheumatism with a healthier diet, why not give kids a lifelong asset of keeping up healthy lifestyle easily?

For the neighbours, how about giving them a printed out copy of an article on nutrition & kids? & establishing a rapport/friendly relationship in advance... (if there isn't such already...) &/or asking Mom if she ever watched Nanny 911 or such... lots of tips to handle kids there...

Sis & I used to have a drawer with sweets stored in it, my chocolates sometimes have almost gotten bad, she ate hers quickly... I also had to give up artificial colorings & preservatives & such... It was difficult at first, but now it's second nature for me, I give any food up easily!
I have a friend who has had great battles with relatives not to give her daughter sweets! (& succeeded, at least partly!)

Also, *to those whose kids don't get to bed easily*
Do you have a nifty bed-time routine? My Mom/Dad/Granny would sit by us, we got a fairytale (usually relaxing, nothing too wild), we could tell how our day went (mini-confessions sometimes helped us get to sleep easier! lol), there was a little prayer in there usually... Mom would sing us a lullaby (off-key, but for us it was wonderful!) & if either of us was scared the door was open & lights left on in the hall... It was a really enjoyable time & I still love the evening/night-time as my favourite... (& chattiest) time...

Adorable kids, everyone!

freeline is offline   Reply With Quote