Laptop recommendations?

Even better... $230 from a more recognized provider

Refurb LENOVO T410 CORE I5-2.4GHz Processor, 4GB memory, 128GB SSD Hard drive, DVDRW, 14.1 Display, Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Staples®

Includes 1 year warranty from Staples... I wonder if you pay with your credit card if the warranty would be extended to two years?

Not bad... if the screen size doesn't matter (resolution 1600 x 900), then this is not a bad deal. Personally I prefer the T430s but this will do.... for $230 and a warranty? Hard to beat that.

Just saw this for $375, T430s with an ssd:

http://www.staples.com/Refurb-Lenov...d-DriveWindows-7-Professional/product_1523716

Last edited:
I e never had a virus or malware on my Macs either.

However, I occasionally run Clam AV.

I've never had them on my PC's, at least since Win7. But I do run AV software, just in case. That's much less of a Mac/PC differentiator than it used to be...

I splurged and bought a light ultrabook about a year ago and absolutely love it. It has traveled everywhere with me and has held up well. I get 6-7 hours of battery life depending on what I'm doing. The Acer UX303 though I'm sure there's a follow up model by now.

I splurged and bought a light ultrabook about a year ago and absolutely love it. It has traveled everywhere with me and has held up well. I get 6-7 hours of battery life depending on what I'm doing. The Acer UX303 though I'm sure there's a follow up model by now.

I suspect you mean Asus? I have its sister, the UX305.

Yes, I did mean Asus.

I bought a Lenovo at Costco last month and took it back after three sessions with India reloading the graphics driver in various Beta versions. It locked up, the screen was a touch screen but the resolution was not great. I believe it got hot and the battery never got over 98% charged.

Thank you Costco return policy. I am looking at the ASUS
ASUS Zenbook UX303UB Touchscreen Laptop | Intel Core i7 | 2GB Graphics | Quad HD+ | Windows 10 | 1 Year Accidental Damage Protection

I like the chip, the graphics, the HD screen, the ram, the SS drive all for less than $1K.

I was concerned about quality of the case and hinge, it is good to hear from some that own one.

OK I took the plunge and bought the ASUS on sale at Costco. For a little more$ the RAM and Hard Drive was worth the difference plus the step up to latest iCore 7. Big plus to get a very high res touch screen and 2GB graphic card. Also great to have the Costco return policy in case it is a poor choice like the one I returned.

Processor & Memory:
Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Processor 2.5GHz
12GB DDR3L RAM

Drives:
512GB Solid State Drive
No Optical Drive

Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows 10

Communications:
Intel® 7265 AC (2x2 AC, 867 Mbps) + Bluetooth 4.0
Integrated HD Webcam

Graphics & Video:
13.3" Touchscreen IPS Quad HD+ (3200 x 1800) Display
2GB NVIDIA GT 940M Graphics

OK I took the plunge and bought the ASUS on sale at Costco. For a little more$ the RAM and Hard Drive was worth the difference plus the step up to latest iCore 7. Big plus to get a very high res touch screen and 2GB graphic card. Also great to have the Costco return policy in case it is a poor choice like the one I returned.

Processor & Memory:
Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Processor 2.5GHz
12GB DDR3L RAM

Drives:
512GB Solid State Drive
No Optical Drive

Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows 10

Communications:
Intel® 7265 AC (2x2 AC, 867 Mbps) + Bluetooth 4.0
Integrated HD Webcam

Graphics & Video: