Large Yellowish Object in Sky

MikeD

Full time employment: Posting here.
What is that large yellowish object in the upper South eastern sky every night? It has been rising slowly for about a month. It not a star 'cause it doesn't twinkle and is much too bright.

Mike D.

Sounds like Mars. It should get brighter as the month progresses. Our closest pass is Oct 29. Google "sky calendar" for best viewing times for various objects.

Your local TV weather guy should know..  Many constellations/galaxies out there some with yellow appearance, but most need a scope to view.
Dunno, but I suspect you may be observing this thing through a bottle of Corona. eh?  :D

I went out and took a look tonight... yup, it's Mars.

It was looking rather angry.  Next year it will be 40 years ago that the "Mars Needs Women" grab happened.  I think they're getting ready for another roundup.  But this time we have a secret weapon - A videotape of Nancy Pelosi.  That'll keep those nasty Martians away for another 40 years!   :D

I just looked out too. It's cloudy and windy here. Full moon with three distinct cloud layers moving at different speeds and different directions! Spooky and beautiful. I love this planet!

wab said:
I just looked out too.   It's cloudy and windy here.   Full moon with three distinct cloud layers moving at different speeds and different directions!   Spooky and beautiful.   I love this planet!

Yah, I just looked out too.  It is yellow, and there appears to be some letters or something on the light- - -lets see--- C- O- R   can't make it out. Probably nothing.  :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom