Join Early Retirement Today

LBYM Can Be Dangerous If Applied In The Wrong Circumstance
Old 07-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

LBYM Can Be Dangerous If Applied In The Wrong Circumstance

Poor stupid Steve McNair. A great QB, a pillar of his community, a loving husband and father, but he tried to play his young lover cheap.

Police: Steve McNair died in murder-suicide with Kazemi - USATODAY.com

"Former NFL star Steve McNair was shot dead in his sleep last week by a 20-year-old girlfriend distraught about mounting financial problems and her belief that he was seeing someone else, police said Wednesday. Sahel Kazemi "was spinning out of control" when she shot McNair four times as he dozed on a sofa early Saturday, then turned the gun on herself, Police Chief Ronal Serpas said.

Interviews with friends revealed that she was making payments on two cars, her rent was doubling and she suspected the married McNair was having a second affair with another young woman.

Serpas said police believe McNair was asleep when he was killed because there were no defensive wounds. After shooting McNair in the head, Kazemi apparently shot him twice in the chest before shooting him again in the head.

Two days before the shooting, police stopped Kazemi driving a Cadillac Escalade sport-utility vehicle that McNair had given her for her birthday in May."

So, he "gave" her an expensive car, but left her to make the payments; he rented a pied a terre with a male friend, but she struggled to pay her rent. Meanwhile, she is a waitress. He couldn't have paid cash for his "gift"? He couldn't have paid her rent or bought her a condo? He couldn't have used his juice to get her a better job?

What an idiot! IMO he is lucky that she didn't behead him.

I hate to see anyone meet a violent death, but I see it as a tragedy for both of them. There are definitely two victims here.

Some old man should not play at love with a very young woman. Give her a life, or give her respect and money and nice things. If you can't afford that, stick to people your own age. And don't dangle the old "I plan to divorce my wife" BS.

Years ago when I was about 25 I went around for a while with a woman of about 40. When she was in nursing school she fell in love with a married doctor. She was a real slow learner, as 20 years later she had just come up with the nerve to cut off his sugar. He was quite well off; she lived in the same building that I lived in, and believe me it was not deluxe.

Ha
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

A sad, tragic story indeed.

Someone once said, "You can cheat on your wife, but you NEVER cheat on your mistress." Love can get ugly....
Old 07-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

There might be two victims. McNair and his wife. Certainly the murder was not one of them. At least she had the decency to off herself and save the taxpayers the bill.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
...Some old man should not play at love with a very young woman. Give her a life, or give her respect and money and nice things. If you can't afford that, stick to people your own age. And don't dangle the old "I plan to divorce my wife" BS.

Years ago when I was about 25 I went around for a while with a woman of about 40. When she was in nursing school she fell in love with a married doctor. She was a real slow learner, as 20 years later she had just come up with the nerve to cut off his sugar. He was quite well off; she lived in the same building that I lived in, and believe me it was not deluxe.

Ha
What a tragic story. She was a very beautiful woman who made very bad choices.
Birds and bees aside, I have never understood why young women enter into relationships with still married men on the old "I'm getting a divorce" line. It never w*rks.
I've been the recipient of such "sugar" offers in my salad days, and once I picked myself up off the ground from laughing , sent them on their way. Gimme a break!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
What a tragic story. She was a very beautiful woman who made very bad choices.
Agreed..........

Quote:
Birds and bees aside, I have never understood why young women enter into relationships with still married men on the old "I'm getting a divorce" line. It never w*rks.
Because they think married men don't lie, only single men.......

Quote:
I've been the recipient of such "sugar" offers in my salad days, and once I picked myself up off the ground from laughing , sent them on their way. Gimme a break!
But you were flattered, right?

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

A tragedy for sure, but McNair should know better. Rich athletes should know they are targets........

I have noticed young women are very AGGRESSIVE these days. Last year I was invited out to party with my best friend's son and some of his buddies. It was a blast, but the girls these days, yikes.

I had one chase me around all night. When I tried to be "fatherly" and talk to her like she was my own daughter, she had all the verbage down:

Me: "I'm happily married"
She: "So, I like married guys"
Me: "What about single ones"?
She: "They're boring".......
Me: "I'm old enough to be your father"
She: "So, my last boyfriend was 43"......
Me: "How old are you"?
She: "26"........

Yikes........ She was an attractive girl, but I see a lot of pain in her future with that attitude........what does Judge Judy say? "Beauty fades, but stupid is forever"...........

Old 07-09-2009, 08:00 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
I had one chase me around all night.
What's it like?
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
...But you were flattered, right?
Actually, no, I was insulted they would think I would fall for such an obvious ploy. And told them so right to their face.
I was such a sweet young lady in my day.
I could always tell if there was an imprint on the empty left hand ring finger. Never mess with a woman who observes detailed nuances.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
...I have noticed young women are very AGGRESSIVE these days.
2 words - MEAL TICKET
Old 07-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
What's it like?
Would have been better if she was 36 and not 26..........

On the one hand, it was flattering, on the other hand, it was creepy, overall, the creepy factor was stronger........

It's weird being in a bar when you're the oldest person other than the owner.......

Old 07-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Actually, no, I was insulted they would think I would fall for such an obvious ploy. And told them so right to their face.
I was such a sweet young lady in my day.
I could always tell if there was an imprint on the empty left hand ring finger. Never mess with a woman who observes detailed nuances.
So, you were an "ice queen", got it...........

Ducking for cover:

Old 07-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
So, you were an "ice queen", got it...........
Ducking for cover:
Now do you really think I'm going to admit to being a hot tomato ready for action on an open forum on the Internet?
Ooooooopps...too late.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Now do you really think I'm going to admit to being a hot tomato ready for action on an open forum on the Internet?
Ooooooopps...too late.
Well, it IS anonymous............

Old 07-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Reading the story reminds me of that old saw "The wife is always the last to know." I cannot imagine how it must be for his wife if she had no idea what was going on. Bad enough he died, but in a messy headline grabbing way like this?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Reading the story reminds me of that old saw "The wife is always the last to know." I cannot imagine how it must be for his wife if she had no idea what was going on. Bad enough he died, but in a messy headline grabbing way like this?
Then again, how could she NOT know? It seems McNair and his mistress were spending a LOT of time together. Did the wife think it was all in the name of charity for McNair to be gone many hours at a time, "chillin" at his buddy's condo?

Old 07-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #16
Give me a forum ...

My feeling is she knew...'course I have all kinds of feelings, so there you go.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Then again, how could she NOT know? It seems McNair and his mistress were spending a LOT of time together. Did the wife think it was all in the name of charity for McNair to be gone many hours at a time, "chillin" at his buddy's condo?
OTOH, these star athletes do a lot of public face time and it may have blended in with the usual routine. Short of having him followed...
Old 07-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
OTOH, these star athletes do a lot of public face time and it may have blended in with the usual routine. Short of having him followed...
Well, she tried to follow another woman that she thought McNair was cheating on HER with........

A psychotic mistress is not good..........I think Fatal Attraction was her favorite movie.........

Old 07-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Well, she tried to follow another woman that she thought McNair was cheating on HER with........

A psychotic mistress is not good..........I think Fatal Attraction was her favorite movie.........
I think this hardly qualifies as psychotic.

Ha
Old 07-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Too bad.

Too bad the wife and mistress didn't get together and set him and his new mistress up on "Cheaters."

Cheaters Caught on Tape TV: Cheaters Caught On Tape
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote