Join Early Retirement Today

Re: LBYM CEO style
Old 08-22-2006, 11:28 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
Az:

CEO's take on that position because they seek power. Not because they want to drive the small model in an overpriced car line.
Hey, I love my 3 series! Don't knock it! It may be the small one, but I don't like the bigger ones.

I guess that makes me a bad person here??

I agree with Azanon though, if you can swing it, why not? Some people really like cars (Like me). If you're taking the high stress job of a CEO, what is the point if you aren't going to spend some bucks?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2006, 11:28 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azanon
You're confusing caring with recognition.* Just because i may recognize you're not important, doesnt mean i care one way or the other.
That crack must be interfering with your other meds, my friend.

Sorry, but if you even bother spending the time recognizing/caring/comparing peckers, then you must actually care enough to do so.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge
Here is an interesting article about LBYM CEO style:

What kind of car does the boss drive?

PR NEWSWIRE

CHICAGO Do you know what kind of car your boss drives and how much it cost? Is your car type or color on par with others in your profession? According to a survey commissioned by CareerBuilder.com and Cars.com, perceptions are very different from reality.
These aren't necessarily Fortune 500 CEOs. I wouldn't expect a CEO at a 20 person company to be driving a $75,000 Porsche.

I have a company. I'm a CEO too. (And the Secretary, and COO, and CFO....)
Old 08-22-2006, 11:31 AM   #24

Quote:
You too could be powerful, get the girls, and have the respect and admiration of the world.
That second one is another whole topic; maybe we should start a new thread. * I'll just say here, it doesn't take a BMW. * The BMW is for you to enjoy yourself. * *If you're interested in seduction, read some David DeAngelo stuff. * Of course working out and good looks helps too.

BTW, i just own a 07' Honda Fit. * But i should also point out, i'm no CEO. GREAT car too,btw guys.... highly recommend it.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
I agree with Azanon though, if you can swing it, why not?* Some people really like cars (Like me).* *If you're taking the high stress job of a CEO, what is the point if you aren't going to spend some bucks?
Having met and dealt with a number of financial services industry CEOs, I can say that with one or two exceptions, most of them are not primarily motivated by money. *Most of them have a vision, or enjoy being the big dog, or enjoy being a leader, or just have a mammoth ego to feed. *The few that were clearly motivated by money mostly did short-term oriented stuff, like under-invest in their business and then drive their companies into the maw of the handiest acquirer.

Should you enjoy it if you have it? *Why not. *I think the beef a lot of us have is that CEOs, etc. are expected to flaunt their money and that they are somehow not measuring up if they don't.

- Will Rogers
Old 08-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
The BMW is for you to enjoy yourself. *
Oooh! Now we are getting into masturbation. Spicy stuff for a Tuesday afternoon...

- Will Rogers
Old 08-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #27

Quote:
The BMW is for you to enjoy yourself.
Exactly! There are too many people here who think that the purpose of everything is to impress.

I couldn't care less what people think of my car, I just enjoy it because it's a great automobile

Old 08-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
Oooh! Now we are getting into masturbation. Spicy stuff for a Tuesday afternoon...
There must be something between you two that the rest of us don't know about

Brewer, why all the hating man?

Old 08-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #29

Quote:
BTW, i just own a 07' Honda Fit. *
- you'll never make it Az, A honda is great for soccer moms and scout trips. You know those non-powerful types.

I am so underwhelmed by you...

Old 08-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #30

Quote:
Sorry, but if you even bother spending the time recognizing/caring/comparing peckers, then you must actually care enough to do so.
The only comparison i've done is that i pulled up the Kinsey report about 2 years ago out of curiosity. *I'm above average on both statistics. *

Oh, money was the topic,.... dont know what to say, I really dont care what others have, but if you dont believe me, that's your choice. * My high school best friend is now a head of surgery at a private firm, i hear grosses over 750k/year, and i would not trade my life for his. * When we eat together, he has that beeper attached to him, and his typical day is cutting on someone, and a bad day for him is killing someone. *I say, no thanks. * I'm happy for him though, but i dont envy him an ounce. * *I'm powerful in ways that he is not; *i'll just leave it at that.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
- you'll never make it Az, A honda is great for soccer moms and scoout trips. You know those non-powerful types.

I am so underwhelmed by you...
No kidding. Nothing says "under-acheiver" like driving a Honda...

- Will Rogers
Old 08-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
*I'm powerful in ways that he is not; *i'll just leave it at that.
Able to leap to giant conclusions in a single bound?

- Will Rogers
Old 08-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
What idiot would be CEO of a large company and take on all of the associates stresses of it, but have no desire for nice things? *You?

Let's start with Warren Buffet, 2nd richest man in the world, lives in a 3 bedroom home and drives an older American car. On second thought, let's finish with him. Yep, a total idiot.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:51 AM   #34

This is just my opinion, but i dont think insulting everyone that owns a Honda here is such a smart move.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
This is just my opinion, but i dont think insulting everyone that owns a Honda here is such a smart move.* *
Oh, its not all Hondas that scream inadequacy.* Just the small ones.

- Will Rogers
Old 08-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #36

Quote:
Let's start with Warren Buffet, 2nd richest man in the world, lives in a 3 bedroom home and drives an older American car. *On second thought, let's finish with him. Yep, a total idiot.
Hmm. *I thought i had read where he was going to use his money to help many people in charitable organizations. * *This is the same Warren Buffet right? * *So you're all by yourself on labelling him an idiot, Laurence.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #37

Quote:
Oh, its not all Hondas that scream inadequacy. Just the small ones.
I can almost hear you crying. wah!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #38
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
We should post photos of ourselves, our families, and our wives sometimes to clear up any doubts as to who is the more inadequate.
You first. Oh wait, I've already posted at least a half dozen pics of my kids, wife and self.

- Will Rogers
Old 08-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #39

Quote:
You first.* Oh wait, I've already posted at least a half dozen pics of my kids, wife and self.
Really?* someone link it for me.* *I'm dying of curiousity.

I probably wont return the favor, which is why i deleted the post (apparently not fast enough for you).* *I post too riske to paste my pic on here.* Unless you're retired, and have a really nice security system, my bit of advise to you is to probably do the same.* * We had a prominent person here where i live lose his high profile job due to having a myspace.com webpage that had riske content.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:00 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence

Let's start with Warren Buffet, 2nd richest man in the world, lives in a 3 bedroom home and drives an older American car. On second thought, let's finish with him. Yep, a total idiot.
Actually, he drives a new Caddy DHS which he bought after he decided he liked what Rick Wagoner was doing to turn around GM

He also admits that he enjoys the luxury of flying around in a $60M+ plane whichs burns hundreds of gallons of fuel an hour just to move him around