Join Early Retirement Today

Re: LBYM CEO style
Old 08-22-2006, 12:04 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
He also admits that he enjoys the luxury of flying around in a $60M+ plane whichs burns hundreds of gallons of fuel an hour just to move him around
There's also his multi-million dollar house in California.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2006, 12:04 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azanon
Really?* someone link it for me.* *I'm dying of curiousity.

I probably wont return the favor, which is why i deleted the post (apparently not fast enough for you).* *I post too riske to paste my pic on here.* Unless you're retired, and have a really nice security system, my bit of advise to you is to probably do the same.* * We had a prominent person here where i lived lose his high profile job due to having a myspace.com webpage that had riske content.
Ah, veiled threats from a nutball, mentally disturbed county biologist in Bumblefcuk, Arkansas. *Is there anything sweeter in this world?

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
Oh, its not all Hondas that scream inadequacy. Just the small ones.
Dammit Brewer, why are you ripping on all my cars I love my small Honda (Just like the one below)

Old 08-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #44

Quote:
Dammit Brewer, why are you ripping on all my cars I love my small Honda (Just like the one below)
Sweet car!

I get compliments on my Fit all the time, so he's welcome to poke fun at it. Honestly, i was shocked that so many people notice it. Granted, it just came out, but still, i really didn't expect the response i get from it.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Dammit Brewer, why are you ripping on all my cars* I love my small Honda* (Just like the one below)

You're just trying to make up for the small, um, you know...

That's the Honda S2000, right? *Don't they redline at like 9000 rpm? *Cars like that always look slick, but I imagine that the ride must be pretty bumpy. *Is the ride rough, or just "sporty"?

- Will Rogers
Old 08-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #46

Quote:
Ah, veiled threats from a nutball, mentally disturbed county biologist in Bumblefcuk, Arkansas. *Is there anything sweeter in this world?
This is probably some truth to all of that, except the Bumblefcuk part. *I'm just too successful with anything i put my mind to for that to have any merit.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
OK, guys, everybody back off & simmer down. *

Brewer, you know better than to get hooked like that...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
This is probably some truth to all of that, except the Bumblefcuk part. *I'm just too successful with anything i put my mind to for that to have any merit.
Lest you get my drift wrong, I suggest you not make any more threatening comments. Let's keep it friendly-like.

- Will Rogers
Old 08-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #49
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
OK, guys, everybody back off & simmer down.
It's all my fault, really. I should have known better than to post something as inflammatory as a survey of CEO's driving habits. What was I thinking? *
Old 08-22-2006, 12:38 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hmm. *I thought i had read where he was going to use his money to help many people in charitable organizations. * *This is the same Warren Buffet right? * *So you're all by yourself on labelling him an idiot, Laurence.
So a BMW and McMansion is the same as charitable donations? Nice tin ear to sarcasm. :

Quote:
This is probably some truth to all of that, except the Bumblefcuk part. I'm just too successful with anything i put my mind to for that to have any merit.
Like the Air Force Academy?

Old 08-22-2006, 12:39 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Careful, Laurence. He knows where you live, and he is "powerful."

- Will Rogers
Old 08-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

I know exactly what he is referring to, and he really shouldn't be implying it on a message board if it is true. Nonetheless, I have already gone to far in my posts, all the while Nords is trying to settle things down. Mea Culpa
Old 08-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #53

Quote:
Lest you get my drift wrong, I suggest you not make any more threatening comments. Let's keep it friendly-like.
My memory sometimes lets me down, but when did i threaten anyone? Re: friendly part, how bout you start being friendly for a change.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #54
Recycles dryer sheets

I don't mean to get in the middle of this friendly reporte, but wanted to thank Azanon for free entertainment.

Your posts are very funny

Lena
Old 08-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #55
Give me a forum ...

And very powerful... :P :P

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #56

Quote:
You're just trying to make up for the small, um, you know...

That's the Honda S2000, right? Don't they redline at like 9000 rpm? Cars like that always look slick, but I imagine that the ride must be pretty bumpy. Is the ride rough, or just "sporty"?
Hey, I'm never going to make up for small member with a Honda!

Its a great car. It does redline at 9000, and I do that as often as I can. I only use the car for weekends and track days. The ride is too rough for most, but I really like it.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #57
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Its a great car.* It does redline at 9000, and I do that as often as I can.* I only use the car for weekends and track days.* The ride is too rough for most, but I really like it.*

Yeah, I could easily see it as a weekend toy. Somehow I suspect my arthritis would be complaining after a half hour, though.

- Will Rogers
Old 08-22-2006, 01:12 PM   #58

Quote:
Yeah, I could easily see it as a weekend toy. Somehow I suspect my arthritis would be complaining after a half hour, though.
What's even funnier is when I tell people it's my car, then they stare at me, and then the car (I'm 6'6". 225lb) and the car isn't much bigger) Go figure, it is very comfortable for me?

Old 08-22-2006, 01:15 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus

A big friend of mine just bought the Chrysler roadster (twin of the Mercedes SLK?) and I was surprised he fit in it well. I guess it's because, like the Honda, they don't cram in that pretend back seat for insurance purposes.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #60
Recycles dryer sheets

Back on topic, at one point I was friends with the CEO/owner of a smallish company (100-200 people) and he drove what was then a top of the line Lexus because he had a long and tiresome commute. Otherwise his lifestyle was comfortable but not extravagant and he always planned for FIRE. He sold the company for about $10 mil in his early 50s and has been enjoying his retirement ever since. He does a lot of international travel, which is why I have mostly lost track of him.

I also know a guy who is not a CEO, but is very comfortable to the tune of millions of dollars a year. Something to do with bonds, I believe * He loves toys and would probably drive something expensive if he had his druthers, but instead he drives a Prius to placate his "environmentally aware" wife *