LBYM CEO style

Careful, Laurence. He knows where you live, and he is "powerful." :crazy:

I know exactly what he is referring to, and he really shouldn't be implying it on a message board if it is true. Nonetheless, I have already gone to far in my posts, all the while Nords is trying to settle things down. Mea Culpa

Lest you get my drift wrong, I suggest you not make any more threatening comments. Let's keep it friendly-like.

My memory sometimes lets me down, but when did i threaten anyone? Re: friendly part, how bout you start being friendly for a change.

I don't mean to get in the middle of this friendly reporte, but wanted to thank Azanon for free entertainment.

Your posts are very funny

Lena

brewer12345 said:
You're just trying to make up for the small, um, you know...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's the Honda S2000, right? Don't they redline at like 9000 rpm? Cars like that always look slick, but I imagine that the ride must be pretty bumpy. Is the ride rough, or just "sporty"?

Hey, I'm never going to make up for small member with a Honda!

Its a great car. It does redline at 9000, and I do that as often as I can. I only use the car for weekends and track days. The ride is too rough for most, but I really like it.

saluki9 said:
Its a great car.  It does redline at 9000, and I do that as often as I can.  I only use the car for weekends and track days.  The ride is too rough for most, but I really like it. 

Yeah, I could easily see it as a weekend toy. Somehow I suspect my arthritis would be complaining after a half hour, though.

brewer12345 said:
Yeah, I could easily see it as a weekend toy. Somehow I suspect my arthritis would be complaining after a half hour, though.

What's even funnier is when I tell people it's my car, then they stare at me, and then the car (I'm 6'6". 225lb) and the car isn't much bigger) Go figure, it is very comfortable for me?

A big friend of mine just bought the Chrysler roadster (twin of the Mercedes SLK?) and I was surprised he fit in it well. I guess it's because, like the Honda, they don't cram in that pretend back seat for insurance purposes.

Back on topic, at one point I was friends with the CEO/owner of a smallish company (100-200 people) and he drove what was then a top of the line Lexus because he had a long and tiresome commute. Otherwise his lifestyle was comfortable but not extravagant and he always planned for FIRE. He sold the company for about $10 mil in his early 50s and has been enjoying his retirement ever since. He does a lot of international travel, which is why I have mostly lost track of him.

I also know a guy who is not a CEO, but is very comfortable to the tune of millions of dollars a year. Something to do with bonds, I believe  ;) He loves toys and would probably drive something expensive if he had his druthers, but instead he drives a Prius to placate his "environmentally aware" wife  :D

Scrooge said:
He loves toys and would probably drive something expensive if he had his druthers, but instead he drives a Prius to placate his "environmentally aware" wife :D

Two words: Tesla Roadster

eridanus said:
Two words: Tesla Roadster

Two more words...

New Wife

Thankfully I don't have to worry about it, but the day my wife has anything to say about what I drive is a signal that our marriage isn't working

saluki9 said:
Two more words...

New Wife

Thankfully I don't have to worry about it, but the day my wife has anything to say about what I drive is a signal that our marriage isn't working

Well, it's one of those couples where the husband has a number of years and 50+ points of IQ on his wife, but is madly in love with her (or perhaps with her body). The wife doesn't seem to be equally passionate about the husband, but does seem to be quite fond of the good things in life that he can provide. We'll see how they are doing 5 years from now...

brewer12345 said:
Able to leap to giant conclusions in a single bound?

I've expanded on the foregoing just for the heck of it :D

Faster at being full of it...

More dourful than people notice...

Able to leap to giant conclusions in a single bound...

It's absurd!

It's so lame!

It's _______________!

Interesting that CEO's are still fair game for prejudice.

I've known quite a few now. They're human, and frankly, usually quite a few cuts above those who aren't CEO's, from a standpoint of wisdom and productivity. Just people, and usually very high quality people. We just read most about the bad ones ... the guys and gals everyone loves to hate.

Lots of CEO's for medium and small companies as well, who are likely making much, much less than you think.

Heck ... I've known a number who would envy the pension packages of some government and union workers.

The ones I've known usually enjoy a fine car, and after the hours they put in, not to mention the crap they take ... deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom