Leonid and Friends - Extraordinary Chicago tribute band - now touring US

gindie

Full time employment: Posting here.
I posted about this Russian group back in November and included one of their YouTube clips. Just wanted to follow up that they are currently in the middle of their first US tour. They played one night in NYC and are finishing 3 sold out nights in LA. There will be 3 shows in Chicago this week and then one each in Dallas and Clearwater.

Robert Lamm (original Chicago keyboards, still with the group), Danny Seraphine (original drums), and the daughter of the late Terry Kath have all acknowledged the quality of the band by paying visits to them in LA.

Another sample:

Thanks for the update.

After your first post, got one of their albums off iTunes. Faithful re-creation of the best songs of Chicago. The videos of their recording sessions are worth watching as well.

Nice! Even the vocals aren't that far off. Hard to replicate Kath's singing especially, but the guy does pretty well.

Thanks for the update.

After your first post, got one of their albums off iTunes. Faithful re-creation of the best songs of Chicago. The videos of their recording sessions are worth watching as well.

They just released their second album. And in true Chicago album-naming tradition, they're calling it Chicagovich II !

Those crazy Russians!

They do seem to produce extraordinary musicians?

Great band, but after watching the video I went online and bought a "police line" guitar strap :LOL:

Cool! :) I like their young guitarist. He’s very talented!

Before they left LA today, Michelle Kath (Terry Kath's daughter) paid another visit and showed that young guitarist her father's actual guitar. It brought him to tears!

I posted about this Russian group back in November and included one of their YouTube clips. Just wanted to follow up that they are currently in the middle of their first US tour. They played one night in NYC and are finishing 3 sold out nights in LA. There will be 3 shows in Chicago this week and then one each in Dallas and Clearwater.

Robert Lamm (original Chicago keyboards, still with the group), Danny Seraphine (original drums), and the daughter of the late Terry Kath have all acknowledged the quality of the band by paying visits to them in LA.

Another sample:

Did anyone end up seeing them last year?

They are on tour again in the US this summer. They will be at the Birchmere in suburban DC in June.

Gindie, thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom