Life is a series of ongoing negotiations

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
Marital, sexual, generational, job-related...

We go through life making our decisions and in the end our decisions make us.

At 53, I'm thinking of bucking the system. I'm gonna paste a sign on my fanny that says...'As is...No returns...No refunds...No guarantee'

Yeah...that's it...:greetings10:

At 53, I'm thinking of bucking the system. I'm gonna paste a sign on my fanny that says...'As is...No returns...No refunds...No guarantee'

I'll watch for you at PeopleofWalMart.com

Attachments

• 518[1].jpg
    518[1].jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 8
One thing you can count on in life...there are no guarantees. Things are always changing in ways it is impossible to predict. At this point in my life, I have few expectations. I just want to lead a nice quiet existence and be a good friend to the many people who have helped me along the way.

“Out beyond the world of ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”
Rumi

The suspense is killing me. Clearly Khan is up to something! >:D

I think she is going to move in with the guy who recently visited and took that beautiful picture on Flickr. :smitten:

Or maybe she is negotiating to leave all her assets to the Khan foundation.:clap:

Whatever it is, Khan, best of luck with the negotiations!

I am sorry, but the idea of sexual negotiation has me puzzled...don't believe I've ever negotiated for sex....am sure that "negotiating price" (as, with a prostitute) is not what is meant...so what could it be? "I'll do this to you, if you'll do that (or not do that) to me"? :ROFLMAO: Too funny...

(Now, marital negotiation - why, there's tautology for you).

Amethyst

Marital, sexual, generational, job-related...

The suspense is killing me. Clearly Khan is up to something! >:D

I think she is going to move in with the guy who recently visited and took that beautiful picture on Flickr. :smitten:

Or maybe she is negotiating to leave all her assets to the Khan foundation.:clap:

Whatever it is, Khan, best of luck with the negotiations!

Close.

Not going to move in.

Am going to visit.

Now how do I get to the airport?

I am sorry, but the idea of sexual negotiation has me puzzled...don't believe I've ever negotiated for sex....am sure that "negotiating price" (as, with a prostitute) is not what is meant...so what could it be? "I'll do this to you, if you'll do that (or not do that) to me"? :ROFLMAO: Too funny...

(Now, marital negotiation - why, there's tautology for you).

Amethyst

We negotiate the price. Stereotypically the female considering accepting the offer: dinner, movie, engagement ring...?

Close.

Not going to move in.

Am going to visit.

You can drive and park your car or there are many car services to the airport . That will pick you up and deliver you for a price .Look in the yellow pages under airport transportation . In some areas there are also shuttles that you can take for a lesser price . Since you have some money I'd vote for use the car service and treat yourself . That way you do not have to worry about the climate .

I dunno. I understand what Khan is saying, but...do women (non-prostitutes) still do this? What with all the [-]shacking up[/-] cohabitation to see if we are compatible; "friends with benefits," etc. Seems like any "negotiation" is solely on the basis of "I think we'd be good in bed, do you think the same?"

Amethyst

We negotiate the price. Stereotypically the female considering accepting the offer: dinner, movie, engagement ring...?

I dunno. I understand what Khan is saying, but...do women (non-prostitutes) still do this? What with all the [-]shacking up[/-] cohabitation to see if we are compatible; "friends with benefits," etc. Seems like any "negotiation" is solely on the basis of "I think we'd be good in bed, do you think the same?"

Amethyst

Perhaps.
I'm 60, what do I know of now?

I think there is still negotiating going on not just sexual more your furniture is awful so we are using mine . You can 't have a Gator flag hanging from the porch . It's tacky . I'll cook if you'll clean up . You can watch football till your eyes glaze over just don't expect me to be serving wings to your buddies . Of corse we'll have sex but no farting in bed .:)

If I were in your shoes, I would simply call a cab. Allow plenty of time, and take a small book or money for a newspaper in case you get there early. It will be easy to find a cab at the airport on your way home.

A cab may not be the cheapest solution but I think it is the easiest.

So Khan received an offer she is not about to refuse.

Nice, Khan! Good for you!
And yeah, it is all negotiations. Every human (and animal) relationship we have is filled with negotiation, if not outright tit-for-tat. And what is this tat we keep trading for, anyway?

Back
Top Bottom