life should be easier

lazygood4nothinbum

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
my wake up call this morning was from my friend to tell me his mom died. he's flying north today to bury the mom, gather what's left of her alzheimer's sister (stage 5 of 7), close up two houses and bring the aunt here to live with him.

i called another friend to let her know, she tells me her brother, who has lung cancer and finally figured out he won't be able to continue working through all the chemo, called his boss yesterday to tell him he'll be taking off on disability. instead of a return call, he received a midnight email last night: "your job has been eliminated."

think i'll do some gardening today. life should be easier.

**** like this wakes me and makes me feel grateful for what I have- my health.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
i called another friend to let her know, she tells me her brother, who has lung cancer and finally figured out he won't be able to continue working through all the chemo, called his boss yesterday to tell him he'll be taking off on disability. instead of a return call, he received a midnight email last night: "your job has been eliminated."

Sounds like bro will be getting a big, fat settlement check in the future as a parting gift...

What do you think, Martha?

lazygood4nothinbum said:

When my best friend got breast cancer, she was allowed to take paid disability leave through the entire chemo and radiation process.  She was out a year. Thank you NSP!  You generally have one shot at getting well, I would not want to have the added stress of work, even if you like your job.

Your friend's brother should call a lawyer asap.

Back
Top Bottom