Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-07-2014, 11:49 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427Vette View Post
You can simply remove the interior of the can by removing 3 sheet metal screws and stick your hand up there and rearrange the insulation to provide adequate heat dissipation.

Are these two lights in a higher part of the ceiling or over the stove, dishwasher or refrigerator area where the ambient temp might be a little higher?

We have had the best luck with the Cree brand LED trims. Good luck!
What an elegant and excellent suggestion!
Rustward is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

+1 on the LED's. They run cooler and produce better quality light as well. Our new LED's really make being in the kitchen a nicer experience.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshort52 View Post
You can simply remove the interior of the can by removing 3 sheet metal screws and stick your hand up there and rearrange the insulation to provide adequate heat dissipation.

Are these two lights in a higher part of the ceiling or over the stove, dishwasher or refrigerator area where the ambient temp might be a little higher?

We have had the best luck with the Cree brand LED trims. Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion.... forgot to post a thanks....

DW and kids are leaving tomorrow for spring break.... I will be in the kitchen doing this... and I think this will work the best...

Also probably going LED because I think they will dim better than the CFLs...
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:17 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

OK... update on this...

I put in a BR30 in the socket and it seems to be working just fine...

Now I am looking to find a BR40 as my wife does not like the look of the BR30... and the cost of them are WAY HIGH...

Anybody know of a good site to buy reasonable priced ones The cost seems to be double the BR30s (or more)...
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:22 AM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Our statewide energy efficiency organization offers LED lights through electrical distributors at a discounted price. You might check and see if there is anything like that in your area.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote