liquid tape

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I scuffed up the handle of my drill last night :facepalm:

Rather than using black electrical tape to cover up the scratches, I discovered liquid tape.

4 fl. oz. Liquid Electrical Tape-LTB-400 at The Home Depot

Unfortunately, there was a grey color, so the black in somewhat noticeable on my drill handle. Yet, the liquid tape looks better (and doesn't get gooey with time) than black electrical tape.

Liquid tape must be a best kept secret as first attempting to get a bottle at Menards, the workers didn't know what I was talking about. At Home Depot, the didn't know either until looking it up on their website.

Appears to be the same stuff I've used to dip tool handles (like pliers, etc.) for a better grip. Never thought of using it as electrical tape, but probably no reason it wouldn't work for that.

I just used the liquid tape a short moment ago for a cords for my laptop and old electric razor. The insulation on them were fraying. Yes, I think the liquid tape is like the stuff to dip tool handles.

I use it to protect the connections on my ham radio antennas from the elements. I first used the brush-on electrical tape then discovered the spray-on variety, which seems to be even more convenient to use for my purposes.

It seems to work well for preventing moisture from seeping into the ends of coaxial cables.

I use it to cover solderless connectors and other exposed metal to prevent an accidental short circuits when I do wiring on my RV or truck. An example would be the back of an added switch.

Back
Top Bottom