list your peculiarities here

lazygood4nothinbum

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
since er i've really had the time to look at myself in great depth and here's what i've discovered so far.

when i eat a pb&j, i never cut the sandwich.

when i have a tunafish sandwich, i always cut it down the perpendicular middle.

a melted cheese sandwich, however, only tastes right if it is cut on the bias.

so i was just curious, what peculiarities have you all discovered about yourselves now that you've the time for observation.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
so i was just curious, what peculiarities have you all discovered about yourselves now that you've the time for observation.

I've discovered I have a peculliarity for responding on this board to posters who 1) have strange ritualistic sandwich eating habits and 2) eschew the use of capital letters. ;)

I have strict orders of completing personal hygiene tasks.

When I brush my teeth, I break the task into 7 unique parts and always complete them in the same order.

1. brush lower set outside surface
2. brush lower set biting surface
3. brush lower set inside surface
4. brush upper set outside surface
5. brush upper set biting surface
6. brush upper set inside surface
7. brush tongue

I also follow a similarly defined routine when bathing. Shampoo hair, then wash arms, torso, leg1+foot1, leg2+foot2, back, then face.

I swear I'm ADD and it takes me twice as long to get ready if I don't do things this way.

Make sure you floss justin! Very important! :)

Zipper said:
Make sure you floss justin! Very important! :)

Floss first. Then rinse w/ Listerene. Then brush using 7 step method.

Always.

I also "multitask" while rinsing w/ the listerene. :)

chocolate!

heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh - the ice cream version especially. And candy is dandy too!

justin said:
I also follow a similarly defined routine when bathing.  Shampoo hair, then wash arms, torso, leg1+foot1, leg2+foot2, back, then face.

Gross.   I wash my face before other body parts, leaving the most odiferous parts for last.

wab said:
Gross. I wash my face before other body parts, leaving the most odiferous parts for last.

My theory is soap is clean and can't get dirty. Same applies to a wash cloth covered in soap. Therefore whether the face is washed first or last is irrelevant with respect to cleanliness of the wash cloth.

Do use a fresh wash cloth each day? If not, you're just washing your face with a cloth covered in "odiferous" stuff acquired from the previous day. Except using your method, the odiferous stuff has a full day to ferment ;)

justin said:
My theory is soap is clean and can't get dirty.

OK, you asked for it. Here is my scientific method of showering.

1) Soap is made from molecules with hydophobic heads and hydrophilic tails. The grody stuff sticks to the soap and then can be washed away with water. So, yeah, soap gets dirty unless throuroughly rinsed with water.

2) Soap suds and dirt are subject to the law of gravity. So, I start cleaning from the top and work my way down. Same way I wash my car.

3) Bacteria and viruses typically can't live outside the host for very long, so rather than "fermenting", the grody soap and wash cloth should be "killed" and safe to use by the next day.

I reuse towels way too much, but I don't reuse washcloths without washing. Okay, that kinda sounds dumb when typed out, but there you go.

I also have a shower routine. Hair, then face, then down except grody parts are last and I rinse the soap off. It's good to hear it sanitizes in the intervening day. :D

I'm sure I have lots of peculiarities...particularly seemingly contradicting ones, but I can't think of anything interesting offhand. Oh, here's one: I'm rather adamant about not sleeping, playing games or watching movies at work, yet I'll spend too much time goofing off on the internet and (usually) think nothing of it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that "Wheeeee!" video still cracks me up every time I watch it!

Don't forget that when the bar of soap is almost gone, you can stick it on the new bar while both are wet and it will stick. No waste. ER is expedited!

Shaving my face Mondays & Thursdays, whether I think I need to or not.

Now that I don't have to save a "good" uniform for work, I do laundry when I actually run out of clean clothes-- instead of every week. That cuts the laundry down to once or twice a month.

Four years into ER, I still find it excruciatingly difficult to sleep past 5 AM. Usually I'm up between 3:30 AM and 4:30 AM unless I absolutely exhaust myself at tae kwon do the night before. Of course this requires a 30-minute nap around lunchtime or a 20-minute snooze just before someone else cooks dinner...

wab said:
OK, you asked for it.   Here is my scientific method of showering.

1) Soap is made from molecules with hydophobic heads and hydrophilic tails.   The grody stuff sticks to the soap and then can be washed away with water.   So, yeah, soap gets dirty unless throuroughly rinsed with water.

2) Soap suds and dirt are subject to the law of gravity.    So, I start cleaning from the top and work my way down.   Same way I wash my car.

3) Bacteria and viruses typically can't live outside the host for very long, so rather than "fermenting", the grody soap and wash cloth should be "killed" and safe to use by the next day.

I hate to admit that I, too, have thought about this stuff, and arrived at about the same conclusion.

1) wash hair first. 2) condition hair second. 3) wash face next to remove any chemistry in the shampoo and conditioner that could irritate my face. 4) shave pits 5)rinse off pit stubble and wash remainder of body last, groady parts last, with different cloth than face.

Are we ALL a bunch of anal-retentive weirdos or WHAT?!

Wow I must be strange, I wash my hair last.

So if you don't use the same wash cloth because of the germs what about those scrunchy net thingys that you're suppose to use with body wash? I would figure they are a haven for germs and gremlins.

Do you floss before or after you brush? I always thought it was floss after but before using Listerine. My dentist told me it should be first, I've found it really hard to change my routine.

oh and I can't figure out if this thread has too much detail or I just have a vivid imagination. LOL

HFWR said:
Whore bath...  :p
I think the PC term is "submariner shower"... or else I'm about to have more of my specialized vocabulary enhanced!

wow, some topics get mentioned over and over (mortgage in fire/pay off), what percentage of your income do you save etc., but I dont think this one will be repeated anytime soon   :eek:

I always wondered what people did with their soap chips (melted down and forged into a new bar?)

Maddy the Turbo Beagle said:
I always wondered what people did with their soap chips (melted down and forged into a new bar?)
Doesn't everybody? What else would you do with the leftovers?!?

Outtahere said:
So if you don't use the same wash cloth because of the germs what about those scrunchy net thingys that you're suppose to use with body wash?  I would figure they are a haven for germs and gremlins.

As long as you rinse them off and nobody else has used them in the last few hours, they should be fine.

If you want to be exposed to live germs, hand towels are probably a pretty good source. Or let your dog lick you. :)

Such a funny showering discussion! Coincidentally, on an ex-pats forum the current hot topic is the use of bidets (front, back, spray or non-, paper, towels, etc.).

I put in shampoo first since I have long hair. That way I can glom it on top of my head out of the way. Then scrub everything neck to toes with a long-handled brush and shower gel.. then the nether bits with a different pH-balanced-type soap (just by hand.. the brush would be overkill). Then rinse everything off starting with hair. I hate water/soap in my eyes so I do my face with a clean wet washcloth after I'm out. I now "splurge" on liquid soaps since the water here is very hard.

Peculiarities: I hate going to movies when it is light out. It just seems wrong. I don't care if it's a $2 matinee on a rainy Sunday afternoon, I find the sensation very unpleasant. I have less of a problem with movies at home, but still dislike watching them before sundown. Conversely, it's "ok" to watch sports or the Discovery channel or cooking shows during the day, but at night it "needs" to be movies or crime shows/dramas..

Food peculiarities: I am very possessive of fast-food french fries. They have to last exactly as long as the hamburger lasts. I would cheerfully buy a companion an extra order of fries, but when they steal some towards the end.. grrrrr! If they were to take them at the beginning, though, no problem...!  :confused:

There are probably other peculiarities that I don't notice!

Back
Top Bottom