Living-Above-Your-Means Forums

Off on a tangent with Freebird....
I was trying to find some glow in the dark bodypaint not long ago. don't think I'd want the stuff that dries to a plastic-like coating--too sweaty.

We hoop in the dark with LED light up hoops, and I think it would be way cool to have some glow paint on us as well.

Any ideas?

I wonder how many people who subscribe to those magazines have a net worth that would actually support the items described in them? My best guess is, not many.

Yeah, it's like me reading the sections in Forbes on the personal or time-shared jets. It's just a dream. In my case it's not Jones envy, doesn't tempt me to go beyond my means. Just looks like fun.

Man, I freely admit to having been fairly under the influence of whatever in the past, but Lohan and Baldwin look seriously burned out. Although I almost didn't recognize Lindsay with all her clothes on! :LOL:

Seriously though, how troubled do you have to be to have all those opportunities and still make such a mess of your life? Very sad.

I was thinking of logging and helping those people, but it would take too much of my time and I doubt they would listen anyways........

Those folks on there need to make HARD choices, and most appear not to want to, but instead play the victim card........

Yahoo! Personal Finance: Calculators,Money Advice,Guides,& More

The solution to all this is straightforward: Spend less than we take in, and use the surplus to pay down debt. At the risk of lapsing into economics jargon, yes, this is going to suck. Think about it: Americans don't like their current tax bills -- which aren't even high enough to pay for our current spending, let alone the bills we've run up from the past. In the future, we will have to pay more and get less.

Thanks. We also continued the conversation on the drive home and covered the concept of why a member owned organization like the credit union is tempting its members with such stupidity.I guess you're not in the market for Angela Missoni meets Converse:
wwdconverse.jpg

Not unless they have them at Kohl's of Wallyworld...

Ours is an LBYM forum since most who can afford to retire early are LBYMers.

So, to find a forum of LAYMers, you'd search for something that LAYMers do. Perhaps a forum of collectors, or people with hobbies such as jet skiing, or people into big fancy houses?

On the bike forum, there are a lot of posts like this: "My wife is going to kill me when she finds out I bought another $2,000 bike."

In other words, the wife is going to say, "Are you showing up to the Sunday club ride on that piece of junk? Why not use the the $10,000 custom titanium tandem with all Dura-Ace gruppo?"

Thank goodness I started racing because that first year of getting my butt kicked in the low cat 5 made me realize that it ain't the bike, it's the miles. Most of the lowly cat 5 have put in a few thousand miles of long slow distances by the time March rolled around, and you don't do those on your shiny new bike because of all the winter muck.

Off on a tangent with Freebird....

We hoop in the dark with LED light up hoops, and I think it would be way cool to have some glow paint on us as well.

Any ideas?

Replace "hoop" with "whoop," and it sounds like a perfect solution for those "been married 23 years and need a little variety" situations....>:D :LOL:

Replace "hoop" with "whoop," and it sounds like a perfect solution for those "been married 23 years and need a little variety" situations....>:D :LOL:

23 years? Just for an abstract example...

Borrow Martha's whip. You won't get goop all over your sheets. Well, not glow in the dark goop anyway.

Ha

23 years? Just for an abstract example...

Borrow Martha's whip. You won't get goop all over your sheets. Well, not glow in the dark goop anyway.

Ha

I think it glows under a blacklight, tho...:whistle:

I guess nobody there would dare ask just how many bikes does one need.

Well, my DW doesn't like me having 5 cars (3 antiques, 1 car and 1 truck). I need them all and can afford them (Firecalc says a 2.5 - 3% WR). I can't see why a bike freak doesn't need them too.

Yeah, it's like me reading the sections in Forbes on the personal or time-shared jets. It's just a dream. In my case it's not Jones envy, doesn't tempt me to go beyond my means. Just looks like fun.

Yup, same with auto magazines. I'm often looking thru them while waiting at the dentist/mechanic/vet/etc. and they definitely spend a good portion reviewing high performance cars that very few people who read the magazine could afford to buy. I can't imagine many sitting in that waiting room deciding to get the ferrari over the bugati because of the road test they just read about.

You Can Bring a Horse to Water...

I doubt they would listen anyways...

I have observed people enrolled in "get out of debt" classes that said they were not willing to cut cable TV from their lives, they were not willing to stop buying new clothes, and the list goes on. I think of myself as a compassionate person but I've come to realize that some people cannot be helped!

Back
Top Bottom