Longmire

ronin

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Got into the A&E series on TV and decided to hunt down the books upon which it is based in my library. The first in the Longmire series is called "The Cold Dish" by Craig Johnson and I found it to be very good. Hard to put down. I recommend it to those looking for a series of novels to get into.

Craig Johnson - Author

I never saw the TV show and was curious as to what these novels might be about, so after reading your post I looked them up. For those who haven't already seen the TV series, Wikipedia gives us some insight on this question:

The series follows Walt Longmire, the Sheriff of the fictional Absaroka (pronounced ab-suh-ro-ka) County, Wyoming as he returns to work following the death of his wife. With the help of his daughter Cady, his new deputy Vic and his best friend Henry, Walt must investigate a series of major crimes in his jurisdiction while preparing to run for re-election against Branch, a young deputy in the department who wants Walt's job.

The lead actor, Robert Taylor, is apparently Australian, although you'd never guess by the job he does. Lou Diamond Phillips portrays Henry well with the oddly stilted lack of contractions in his speech.

Back
Top Bottom