Looking breathlessly

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm no longer looking over the cliff and finally took the freefall dive. I turned in all the papers at work and am now ready to explore life without work. It's a relief but also very scary. I spoke to a friend of mine tonight who retired early about 8 years ago and she told me to be prepared for unexpected reactions to this journey. Sure glad to have a good friend who has walked this path before. She was an Army Officer who had to adjust to the identity crisis (adjustment?) I am about to explore.

For me there is only traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly.—Don Juan

Last edited:
Congratulations. You have company on this board - for better or worse.

Congratulations, Purron! I'm jealous.....MIAOW!

Last edited:
Congratulations from someone who just took the leap on 11/09. I met a friend from work today and he asked if I was still glad. I said yes! But I didn't go into all the details about the highs and lows of going through the mental/emotional processes like your friend described.

Congrats!

Since we're posting animal pictures, I should perform the appropriate duties at this juncture...

img_582688_0_6426bd0aa37438c309a9fa6d3d6b59ac.jpg

Allow yourself time to adjust.

There will be unexpected thoughts/feelings/emotions...

Don't let them bother you.

Just sit back and observe them.

If you find yourself crying or laughing, let it happen.

I (and many others) have found themselves sleeping excessively for a while; go with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom