Join Early Retirement Today

I Have Simplisafe
Old 09-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

I Have Simplisafe

I am very happy with it. I have the monitoring and they will call the cops and the fire dept if required. I think it's great.

If you mention my account or something like that, when you sign up, we can both get a free month of monitoring.

Mike D.

- R. Earth
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

For those who are USAA members, you can get ADT monitoring for as little as $29/month.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I am very happy with [SimpliSafe]. I have the monitoring and they will call the cops and the fire dept if required. I think it's great.

If you mention my account or something like that, when you sign up, we can both get a free month of monitoring.

Mike D.

On that note, if you want to sign up for Frontpoint and let me refer you, we both get a free month of monitoring. Send me a pm.

- Rosie
Old 09-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

We put together a "DIY" home alarm system with x-10 modules. There are available from many sources, a sample being Home Security
Old 09-27-2014, 09:24 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
What is wrong with getting a 50 pound dog?
Even cheaper, and with less slobber: $6 for some Home Security System Monitoring stickers from ebay. Maybe score a yard sign advertising the same, too.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
Even cheaper, and with less slobber: $6 for some Home Security System Monitoring stickers from ebay. Maybe score a yard sign advertising the same, too.
The slobber I is part of the charm. Plus mine is the only one free of raccoons on the block.

And I would be remiss if I failed to mention the other half of the security system. If the sound of the action on a pump 12 gauge does not convince anyone who ignores the dogs,some 00 buckshot should do it.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #27
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I have had Simplisafe for about 2.5 years and have been very happy with the system. I have *yet* to have any false alarms and have only had to change the batteries in the keypad once...none of the sensors have had to be replaced. I also have had the Dropcam for a little over a year. I too like this especially when I am traveling. They only complaint I have on the Dropcam is if I set the night vision to "auto" it will cycle on and off constantly with a lamp illuminated in the room next door. I am hoping that they have a software upgrade that will allow you to set times for the night vision to work. Other than that...I love both systems.

Oh yes, I have a loud mean dog...but he's just the backup!