Looking for a slim digital camera - must take video

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We have a nice digital sony camera that takes phenomenal pics, but it is a semi-professional model that has a huge lens and is somewhat inconvenient to carry around

So, my wife asked for a smaller one for when we go to the beach this summer, sporting event, out to the bars with friends etc.

I bought what I thought would be neat- a Kodal zx3 which is mainly a HD camcorder that also takes 5MP pictures. I didnt think about it before purchasing...it doesnt have a flash and as such takes crappy indoor pics. I thought the HD video feature was awesome and as such bought it...but the wife isnt thrilled.

I was thinking of the Nikon Coolpix 12MP....or maybe one of the Canon's.

I also like the idea of waterproof cameras as we are going on a 10 day beach vacation and it'd be nice not to have to worry about sand and water.

Her only request is that it be small enough for the pocket and take decent videos....and have a flash and some sort of optical zoom

Suggestions?

I just got a Sony DSC-HX5. 10MP and 10 optical zoom........nice and slim, but not waterproof. Plus it has GPS stamp and 10 picture burst if you keep holding down the shoot button.........:) Sweet so far.......

We own 3 of the same cameras and they also take outstanding underwater pictures and HD movies when used with the matching case.

sooo....why do you have 3? just wondering

and do you have the underwater case that retails for $200+ or the rubber-ish one for $60 on ebay?

furthermore...if you have 3, you must know something about this line! any input on the zx7? 12mp but some mixed reviews on quality of pics?

sooo....why do you have 3? just wondering

and do you have the underwater case that retails for $200+ or the rubber-ish one for $60 on ebay?

furthermore...if you have 3, you must know something about this line! any input on the zx7? 12mp but some mixed reviews on quality of pics?

My wife and I are both scuba divers and the third is a spare. We use the full featured underwater case. I have shot photos down to 108 feet.
I have attached as few photos taken this year. The bear was a long zoom in Yellowstone. The bear was about 80 yards away. for a hand held telephoto shot its very good.
The statue of liberty is a night shot
the Studebaker was from a moving car (shows how good the anti vibration is) the Clownfish were at 70 feet down in Thailand

Attachments

• clownfish.jpg
    clownfish.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Yellowstone bear.jpg
    Yellowstone bear.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 47
  • P1040399.jpg
    P1040399.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 3
Statue of liberty

Attachments

• P1030675.jpg
    P1030675.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 0
OK,
I give up, is this a guessing contest? You have three cameras, you showed nice pictures, but you never said what they were. I don't see this as much help.

OK,
I give up, is this a guessing contest? You have three cameras, you showed nice pictures, but you never said what they were. I don't see this as much help.

I wrote

The bear was a long zoom in Yellowstone. The bear was about 80 yards away. for a hand held telephoto shot its very good.
The statue of liberty is a night shot
the Studebaker was from a moving car (shows how good the anti vibration is) the Clownfish were at 70 feet down in Thailand

They are all the DMC-ZS3R - Lumix Digital Cameras x

Back
Top Bottom