Join Early Retirement Today

Lou Dobbs--CNN
Old 05-23-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Lou Dobbs--CNN

I think this guy, tells it like it is! At least, I like his point of view.

Is he, just another face on the news, or does he have some credibility?:confused:

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid View Post
I think this guy, tells it like it is! At least, I like his point of view.

Is he, just another face on the news, or does he have some credibility?:confused:
I find him to be honest.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #3

He seems to be sincere, but that just means he believes what he says -- not that what he says is the truth. Some of his ideas appear to be very misguided.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

Other than his position on the incarcerated border patrol, I find him to call it like it really is most of the time. My son just told me today his reaction to the new proposed imigration bill, which I think is laughable and apparantly he shares my sentiments.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Dobbs:*Big media hide truth about immigration - CNN.com

Here is a link to his thoughts on immigration and some of the things he talks about on it daily show, as far as not saying the truth that depends on what you believe the truth is. Misguided Hmmm .....who truth is that?
Old 05-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #6

One problem I have with Lou Dobbs is that he often offers his opinions in a format that tries to look like straight news reporting. If we are going to get his opinions about issues in the news I think they should be conveyed in a format that clearly shows that they are his opinions. I often agree with his positions on issues.

Grumpy
Old 05-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyet View Post
Dobbs:*Big media hide truth about immigration - CNN.com

Here is a link to his thoughts on immigration and some of the things he talks about on it daily show, as far as not saying the truth that depends on what you believe the truth is. Misguided Hmmm .....who truth is that?
Facts are facts. They are true or they are not.

Opinions and projections are not facts. They are true only if they are stated to be an individual's beliefs and not fact.

When opinions and projections are used in a logic chain to justify or rationalize conclusions, that is misguided.

It's that simple, Kathy.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #8
Full time employment: Posting here.

Lou Dobbs is a legend in his own mind...a Bill O'Reilley wanna-be.

Can't stand either one of them...battle of the opinionated loud-mouths...
Old 05-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

I still like Lou Dobbs! He says, what he thinks and doesn't spare his opinions.
Too many of the other media bobble heads, just spread the word according to their companies affiliation. Mostly, it is to attack Bush!

Dobbs, calls the Immigration proposals a tragic display of stupidity. I've not heard anyone else say that.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets

Ooops, this last post went out before I was ready to send it. I didn't think I was logged in. Now, I'm embarrased!!
Old 05-25-2007, 05:26 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid View Post
Ooops, this last post went out before I was ready to send it. I didn't think I was logged in. Now, I'm embarrased!!
"Before pulling the trigger, insure the gun is not loaded."
Old 05-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #12
Recycles dryer sheets

Sgeeeee,

And a circle is never ending!!!!

Kathyet
Old 05-26-2007, 11:17 AM   #13
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

"Truth is relative...pick one that works" - Shark
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
"Truth is relative...pick one that works" - Shark
Don't believe everything you read or see on TV.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

What if I happened to be ON tv?
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:21 PM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy connie View Post
I find him to be honest.
Would this article in today's NYTimes change your mind about this guy who is certainly not honest?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:14 PM   #17
Recycles dryer sheets

Sundance you said it for me. Who here thinks that the "Main Stream Media News" is truthful and unbiased? If you do I'd like to get some of what your smoking. At least Hannity, O'Riley et al say they are conservite and this is my analysis of this issue. The main stream news expects you to belive that they have no agenda and wouild never lie to the public about anything.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:19 PM   #18
Recycles dryer sheets

My impression of Lou Dobbs has long been that he's full of himself...which makes him perfect for mainstream news and opinion shows. The article linked above pretty much confirms that Lou doesn't have a clue as to how to gracefully admit that he made a mistake. He prefers to cloud the picture with more spin, making him just another run-of-the-mill commentator, IMO.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #19
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouston View Post
My impression of Lou Dobbs has long been that he's full of himself...which makes him perfect for mainstream news and opinion shows. The article linked above pretty much confirms that Lou doesn't have a clue as to how to gracefully admit that he made a mistake. He prefers to cloud the picture with more spin, making him just another run-of-the-mill commentator, IMO.
Go Lou Dobbs....I would rather listen to him than our crooked politicians that are selling us down the river and bringing the ruination of this country. If anyone is full of themselves it is them....

Oh, he did mention he made a mistake on his show last week. I was watching when he devoted about 10 mins. to it. I am sure it is on the transcripts at his site on CNN if you care to check it out...

As far as I know, right now, this is a free country and every one is in-titled to their own opinion and/or believes this is mine.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #20
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyet View Post
Go Lou Dobbs....I would rather listen to him than our crooked politicians that are selling us down the river and bringing the ruination of this country. If anyone is full of themselves it is them....

Oh, he did mention he made a mistake on his show last week. I was watching when he devoted about 10 mins. to it. I am sure it is on the transcripts at his site on CNN if you care to check it out...

As far as I know, right now, this is a free country and every one is in-titled to their own opinion and/or believes this is mine.
I totally agree with you, Kathy. We are all entitled to our own opinions, whatever they may be. From what I've read, the 10 minutes you mentioned was mostly spin, thus my opinion that Dobbs is just like the rest of the pack, nothing special. Just my opinion, of course.