Luxurious Mansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The news media keep saying that Bin Laden was living in a luxurious mansion. Even for a third world country, this doesn't count as a luxurious mansion:

Osama-mansion-in-Abbotabad.jpg

But I guess "luxurious mansion" is a better contrast to "cave" than is "large ugly house."

Whoever was his interior decorator should be fired.

It is if you like milk on your Wheaties and the nearest Piggly Wiggly is 9,000 miles away...

Osama wouldn't be caught dead shopping at a piggly wiggly anyway, given his peoples' distaste for pork.

I suspect that the figure of a million dollars was plucked out of a random cow's backside rather than a local realtor's office.

Apparently Abbottabad is quite a tony place. During the run-up to the operation, people were seen going round from house to house, claiming to be interested in buying property in the area. You can't use that cover story in every third-world town. No major problem with religious extremists reported (oh, the irony). An IT guy tweeting in great English throughout the operation. Could be anywhere in the Mid-West. :D

Hey, Nords, did you know when you look at this site without logging on, ads appear in your post like this. This picture is a screen print and a bit hard to read. Even so, check out ad #2 which reads "Obama Loves Annuities".

Attachments

• ER ORG.png
    ER ORG.png
    301.2 KB · Views: 32
Hey, Nords, did you know when you look at this site without logging on, ads appear in your post like this. This picture is a screen print and a bit hard to read. Even so, check out ad #2 which reads "Obama Loves Annuities".
Sheesh.

I don't know which is worse-- having to see that dreck in the discussion or realizing that some poor fool paid money to Google to get those ads on the discussion board...

Media reports that this compound had lots of security cameras. I haven't seen a security camera in any videos of the compound. Also initial reports said it was surrounded by an 18 ft wall, but then it turns out only a very small part of the wall is that tall. It's mostly a 10 to 12 ft wall.

Anyways, I'm amused at how journalists fall all over themselves embellishing any small tidbits of facts they are given.

Who will get the exclusive interview with OBL's daughter and wife? Or any of the others living in the compound? Will the cow get it's own TV show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom