MacBook Air ... ?

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Looking for comments on the Air.

About 18 months ago I "went Mac" with a small MacBook (not MacBook Pro).

Signing up for the $99 annual membership for the once a week one-to-one tutoring helped a lot. I'm pretty happy with it and the switch. (The other computer in the house is a Dell desktop.)

Before the MacBook I had one of those itty bitty Dell laptops (with no built-in CD) and it was so light and handy. So I see the Air and wonder if all the bugs of a new product are worked out.

I do wish the Air had two USB ports as I have to use one of the ports for an aircard to get online. I suppose I could use some sort of splitter or USB hub. And I don't understand why Apple seems to be eliminating the firewire port on laptops....?

What say ye?

Kindest regards.

Yeah, I like Firewire. It's the Beta to USB 2.0's VHS. It's a shame it lost to USB because it's a lot better. I don't think there are too many current problems in the MacBook Air models that I know of.

There are rumors of an Apple tablet or small PC becoming available, possibly by the end of June. You might want to wait a month or two if possible.

Lots of Macs at my house, my last 7 but I recently bought my first PC a HP mini/ netbook because Apple does not have that size. It doesn't have a CD which is a pain but I like the size. The Macbook Air is just as light and has really neat features but it is too large for what I want, my wife and son love their Macbooks and my wife loves her ipod.
If you like the form factor of the Macair then it is an obvious choice but if you want small as well as light then you need something else although there are rumors of an Apple tablet all the time.

Back
Top Bottom