MacOS Sierra Upgrade

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
After implementing MacOS Sierra download my Apple mail junk mail filter is not re-learning to send spam to my junk mail folder. It worked very well prior to the upgrade, but regardless of what I do, I cannot get it working properly again. It seems there are lots of reports of this problem, but no solution seems to be working for the apple community as far as I can tell. Any one here experienced this problem and how are you dealing with it?

Get SpamSieve and you'll be fine. The most sophisticated and powerful spam filter I know of, and it works beautifully with Apple Mail.

I've been using it since it first came out, and I love it. I get maybe 2 or 3 spam emails a year now.

Get SpamSieve and you'll be fine. The most sophisticated and powerful spam filter I know of, and it works beautifully with Apple Mail.

I've been using it since it first came out, and I love it. I get maybe 2 or 3 spam emails a year now.

Thanks, I may try this. Are you using the paid or trial version? It just miffs me, that Apple screwed this up and almost forces one to go with a third party product.

Thanks, I may try this. Are you using the paid or trial version? It just miffs me, that Apple screwed this up and almost forces one to go with a third party product.

I paid for it back in 2007 and all updates have been free ever since. Great piece of software.

Since upgrading to Sierra my laptop has a problem when I close it and it goes to sleep.
While closed it keeps making the messages noise every minute or so of the network making a connection. For now have been turning off the sound before putting it to sleep.
Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:
Everything about the recent update was super smooth for me. Probably because my laptop is relatively recent and fairly robust. I have a Retina MacBook Pro, mid-2014 with 16 GB RAM.

OTOH, DW's old MacBook Air, mid-2011, was suffering severe indigestion and slowed down noticeably. So we have one of the brand new MacBook Pros on order for her.

Amazing that the new Pro machine, far more powerful, weighs just about the same (3 lbs) as her old Air!

Back
Top Bottom