Madonna Turns 50

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Attachments

• Madonna.jpg
    Madonna.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2
She's the hottest 50 year old I know........:)

You know Madonna? In the Biblical sense? >:D

They can beg and they can plead
But they can't see the light, that's right
Cause the boy with the cold hard cash
Is always mister right.

Cause we are

Living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You know that we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl

I don't know her as well as FinanceDude, but I think she looks great. :)

More like "out of tune-a". Amazing what pitch correction software can accomplish...

Last edited:
This is what she looks like without the make-up and air brushing:

granny_1.jpg

Well, this thread didn't take long to crash and burn. I shoulda known better:duh:

Just thinking how some might be a bit intimidated by Madonna and therefore feel a need to put her down and degrade her appearance as she is no longer young. She is one sex symbol who has not been controlled by men. I'm not a fan of her music but do find her interesting in how she has challenged the role of women in pop culture. Now she is getting older and we all know how society views “older women”. This is one reason why I like the European attitude about women – we really just start to get interesting after 40.

Just take a look at her in the video Vogue:

Interesting in how she mentions many female sex symbols yet asserts herself as a woman in control. Yea, I know, this is getting into soap box territory. Mods, feel free to move this if you desire.

Just thinking how some might be a bit intimidated by Madonna and therefore feel a need to put her down and degrade her appearance as she is no longer young. She is one sex symbol who has not been controlled by men. I'm not a fan of her music but do find her interesting in how she has challenged the role of women in pop culture. Now she is getting older and we all know how society views “older women”. This is one reason why I like the European attitude about women – we really just start to get interesting after 40.

Just take a look at her in the video Vogue:

YouTube - Vogue - Madonna

Interesting in how she mentions many female sex symbols yet asserts herself as a woman in control. Yea, I know, this is getting into soap box territory. Mods, feel free to move this if you desire.

Oh, you wanted to be serious... :p

Madonna's music is not my cup-o-tea, but she doesn't need my measly approval, anyway. Plus, I like younger women! :D

Madonna's music is not my cup-o-tea, but she doesn't need my measly approval, anyway. Plus, I like younger women! :D

Uh, well why did you look at this thread? Hmmmm? >:D

HFWR,

I honestly didn't set out to be serious. This was just something I saw on the net on how turning 50 is a milestone for everyone, including women. Many men do prefer younger women as you do and that's fine. Personally, I find younger men pretty to look at but just not that interesting. If this had been a post on a famous man turning 50, it would be unlikely to see a similar response. It's not fair, but women are often judged by their appearance and youth. Equally not fair is the tendency to judge men by money, power and influence.

HFWR,

I honestly didn't set out to be serious. This was just something I saw on the net on how turning 50 is a milestone for everyone, including women. Many men do prefer younger women as you do and that's fine. Personally, I find younger men pretty to look at but just not that interesting. If this had been a post on a famous man turning 50, it would be unlikely to see a similar response. It's not fair, but women are often judged by their appearance and youth. Equally not fair is the tendency to judge men by money, power and influence.

Madonna IS a younger woman, to me at least... :D

She might not eat any bacon, but maybe she'd go for being wrapped in it? ;)

To be fair, I can think of plenty of aging guys who depended largely on their appearance, a little singing and some PR maneuvers to get attention who take a little crap on their birthdays...

Having just enjoyed a birthday a few days ago, I should say that I'm perfectly happy with being judged by money, power and influence!

Well, happy birthday Bunny...if I had known that I would have baked you a bacon birthday cake......

Back
Top Bottom