Join Early Retirement Today
Old 12-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I decided to put more joy in the season. I went to Michael's and bought a few more decorations . I said yes to my SO's grandaughter"s Christmas show and I started watching my favorite Christmas movies . It is amazing what a little attitude adjustment can do ."
Agree!!! We have a stack of Christmas movies that we watch every year, and some new ones on Netflix. Put up the lights and decorations, buy gifts for people for fun (they don't really need anything, but who doesn't like to open up a package)

There have been times, especially when my kids were young when Christmas was just great. Later in life there were times I was down and closed off during the holidays, just hoping for them to be over soon.

Now I have come to embrace the joy and myth and merriment again and find myself much happier because of it. There is so much tradition, both secular and religious at this time of year, music, movies, Christmas plays and performances. Times to help out, be with people, family friends and neighbors.

Sometimes you just have to let yourself get into the spirit of the season. And that goes for winter, spring summer and fall. Maybe I appreciate each season more now that I realize I have less of them. Now, whatever the season, I just go for it! and enjoy!

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.
CaliforniaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2015, 03:39 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
We don't decorate either.

We just don't celebrate holidays, or birthdays, or anniversaries. Just not important to us. And we're not religious, which is part of it I'm sure.

The whole neighborhood gears up with decorations and holiday activities. We just can't get into it.

If it were just the two of us, we would probably go off somewhere for a week. But Christmas and New Years is when we spend time with Dad and visit other family.

Well, I thought I was retired. But it seems that now I'm working as a travel agent instead!
audreyh1 is offline   Reply With Quote