Man it is crazy warm in these parts!!

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
11am jan 6th and already 70 degrees, yes it is nc but the normal high is 50!

Heck my house is reading 70 and the heat is set at 62, I do not think it has run all week!

Heat hasn't turned on for two days.

The daffodils are up (a month or so early).

It's 70 here right now and climbing, it should be 30 here today, if this keeps up I won't need to go south for vacation, I'll be able to get my tan here in MA.

winds out of the southeast at 10 mph. a cool 81 degrees. low humidity with dewpoint at 64 degrees. you'd think it was winter in florida here. my god, is that a palm tree coming up out of the ground?

upper 30s/40s here in the upper midwest....I cringe at the thought of saying this twice in one week but that Al Gore was right again....first the "lockbox" and now global waming.....throw in the internet (or as dubya calls it "the internets", and Gore hit the trifecta....

Cherry trees blooming in VA & DC. This can't be good.

Al Gore was right again
... there must be a better explanation; such as: it is the result of the recurring el ninio coupled with the jet stream being more northerly than usual ... two non-Gore reasons. if it is any comfort, which it is not to me, more seasonal weather will return. hope you didn't put your snow shovel away!

Article in today's WSJ on hardiness zone creep. The USDA hasn't put out a new map yet, but the Arbor Day Foundation has put out ists own unofficial revision of the hardiness zone map, based on about 15 years of data. See, www.arborday.org/media/zones.cfm.

Only one tiny dot of zone 2 left in Minnesota.

Here in the PacNW, everybody was secretly hoping that global warming would make us the next Newport Beach. Then UW crunched some numbers on their supercomputers. Droughts in summer, wetter winters, and gray drab springs. Ugh.

Only one tiny dot of zone 2 left in Minnesota.
if anyone actually lives in that area they must be thrilled!

an aquaintance once went to Canada for a mid-winter vacation ... i suggested he went in the wrong direction, but he quickly noted it was a welcomed change from his home in Siberia.

wab said:
Here in the PacNW, everybody was secretly hoping that global warming would make us the next Newport Beach. Then UW crunched some numbers on their supercomputers. Droughts in summer, wetter winters, and gray drab springs. Ugh.
Welcome to Monterey Bay! Coming soon: San Diego.

Look. I for one am not complaining. I live in Pa. my heating bills should be through the roof by now. I'm enjoying the weather and the break on the heating bills. :D

I haven't had to wear my winter coat since the first few days of December, when we had our first/last snow storm! I'm liking it!! It's been in the fifties and upper forties for quite a while.

My crocus and daffs think it's their time to show up....but I think they may be just a tad too early!

According to the couple of Living in Mexico forums that I follow, they have had a freezing winter down there. Some of the Mexican expats are really whining this winter when they see the USA weather reports!

Kramer

given the recent weather across the nation, just wondered if anyone wanted to revisit this topic ::)

i understand that a global warming conference and an Al Gore event were both cancelled today due to snow storms ...

d said:
given the recent weather across the nation, just wondered if anyone wanted to revisit this topic ::)

i understand that a global warming conference and an Al Gore event were both cancelled today due to snow storms ...

As warm as it was it has become almost as cold for the same time period. Since the 14th of jan uary now most of the country east of denver has been close to 12 degrees below normal. And someplaces in the upper midwest have been close to 20 degrees below normal.

Funny mother nature sure does even things out.

Them averages!

And the melting of the Arctic ice is just a joke.

Great in N CA today. Deep blue sky with some wispy white clouds.

Went roller blading on a nearby bike path in shorts and a sleeveless shirt at lunch.

MB

Phoenix has been nice, it is supposed to hit 71 tomorrow.

It's about 82 and sunny here in PV MX. January was cloudier than normal with scattered showers but February has been fantastic.

Going to hit 70 here for the next 3 days.

I'm going to have to dig into the summer clothes closet for my shorts.

56 straight days of snow on the ground in Denver, approaching the record of 63 in 1984!
Today is sunny and 33 degrees-- wonderful! Hope it stays "warm" like this for a while.

Back
Top Bottom