Man, We Are Tough On Terror

poboy

Recycles dryer sheets
Moussaqui to watch plasma tv, play in  pick up basketball, bingo nights, movie nights, emcee talent show. The list goes on.  That jury sent a message.  Guess the next thing will be a swap for some hostage to be named later.  What a bunch of touchy feelie bull.

My guess is he'll be in isolation for a long, long time. If he goes in general population, he will get killed pretty quick.

there's probably not a lot of tivo in moussaoui's lifetime of solitary confinement.

in any case, death is never punishment. jail, however, is.

He is headed for a lifetime of solitary confinement at the Supermax in Colorado:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4972526.stm

Solitary confinement is an almost permanent way of life, with ADX Florence's 400-or-so prisoners locked in spartan cells for at least 23 hours each day.

An hour each day can be spent in a concrete-walled recreation yard.

A typical "Supermax" cell's furniture - bed, desk, stool - is made from poured concrete.

If he isn't crazy now, he will be in a few years.

Sounds like my house ever since DW and I decided to LBYM to help achieve FI and ER.

If i had a choice between death and solitary confinment 23 hrs a day, and being alone the other 1 hour, i'd choose death easy.   Heck, thousands of people every year kill themselves with far better levels of existence than that.    Death would have been the easy way out, and much less brutal a sentence.

Without a doubt, he got the worst legal sentence possible in the USA.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
He wanted death and martyrdom.  He didnt get what he wanted.

Good jury.

I agree. No 7 virgins for him. No special place next to Allah's side. He is disgraced because he did not die for his cause.

Rotting in prision, surrounded by his failure and his disgrace for the rest of his natural life seems appropriate to me.

poboy said:
Moussaqui to watch plasma tv, play in pick up basketball, bingo nights, movie nights, emcee talent show. The list goes on. That jury sent a message. Guess the next thing will be a swap for some hostage to be named later. What a bunch of touchy feelie bull.

Did you get this information from the Rush Limbaugh show? :confused: - Far from the facts!

This guy begged for the death penalty, so you're going to serve it up to him on a silver platter?

I'm mostly against capital punishment because it's too easy. We're all going all going to die sometime. Capital Punishment just changes the date and makes death far easier than most 80 year olds in nursing homes!

This was a tough one, no question about it.  If anyone deserves the maximum sentence, you'd think someone involved in these crimes did.

That being said, I'm glad the jury went for life without parole.  The trial seemed to make the case that this guy knew that something was going to happen, somewhere, at some time, and that he lied to the FBI about what little knowledge he really had.

Executing someone for lying is a very dangerous precident to set.  I don't trust my gummint that much.

I'm reminded of that comment by Morgan Freeman on Shawshank Redemption:

"They put you in there for life.... and that's exactly what they take." That whole spill was just beautiful actually, i should memorize it.

Its one of the best all-time movies IMO.

Azanon

Two words: Butt buddy...

I can never commit a crime because im kind of pretty; I have long eyelashes too. I'd definite be someone's b****.

News reported he will be in the same country club as the unibomber, eric rudolph, and the oklahoma city bombing conspirator. Can you picture the show and tell classes?

Running this death sentence trial was a waste of taxpayer money. As others have posted, he will spend a miserable life in prison and would have preferred death. The irony is, we could have gotten the result we ended up with without wasting millions of dollars.

I read all the time of idiot prosecutors who refuse to take a plea for life without parole and instead force a death trial just so they can crow about how tough they are. They waste a fortune of our dollars and they risk loosing the case. How would the victim's relatives feel if a killer walked on a technicality after some idiot refused to accept a guilty plea?

About the only use the death penalty has is to put pressure on killers to plea their cases out for life thus saving us the time and money for a trial.

donheff said:
About the only use the death penalty has is to put pressure on killers to plea their cases out for life thus saving us the time and money for a trial.

Really?  What about that special feeling you get when the lights dim in the neighborhood and you know another soul has crossed over the line from here to there in, most likely, agony?   :LOL: >:D

I read that there will be a camera to monitor him at all times. I wonder if the climate controls for the cell are in the Oval Office.

It is kind of interesting that giving someone some chemicals to knock them out and then kill them is considered to be the highest form of punishment, but blowing themselves up and having their body parts lying everywhere is considered escaping justice.

It's not too often that I am encouraged by news from our legal system anymore, but this was a good result. This guy wanted to die and be a martyr. He failed. Many in the world would like to condemn the US for being bloodthirsty, mindless barbarians. They get no help from this jury. If the prosecutors had not tried for the death penalty, there would have been a lot of questions and a major outcry from many Americans. They can't complain. The system worked and it worked well. :)

sgeeeee said:
It's not too often that I am encouraged by news from our legal system anymore, but this was a good result.  This guy wanted to die and be a martyr.  He failed.  Many in the world would like to condemn the US for being bloodthirsty, mindless barbarians.  They get no help from this jury.  If the prosecutors had not tried for the death penalty, there would have been a lot of questions and a major outcry from many Americans.  They can't complain.  The system worked and it worked well.   :)
We're not talking about Ken Lay here, are we?

Back
Top Bottom