Maps: What Your State Excels At

ohyes

Full time employment: Posting here.
and Not so Good

Two maps of USA. One shows an environmental or public health area excelled in by each state. The second map is labeled by an area each state is not excelling (AR is tops in poultry waste---guess that is bad).

MAPS: What Your State is Good At...

Apologies if this has already been shared. I didn't find it by using search feature.

Looks like the six New England states have the highest rates of several cancers. Glad I left years ago.:greetings10:

Something good about every state. Mine says "Most Solar Power .... potential". Hah!

Yep, lots of empty sunlit land around here. Come on over with your solar panels. Bring plenty of water with you please.

Looks like the six New England states have the highest rates of several cancers. Glad I left years ago.:greetings10:
I dunno. What if these damaged cells are just laying dormant for now? :hide:

Fun stuff, thanks.

Sorry to scare you. There may be an expiration or limitation statute if you have been away for a decade or two. :D

:LOL:

Apparently, this Web site is not aware of a more detailed list prepared by REWahoo for his state. To put that on a T-shirt, you would need to use smaller print, then use both the shirt's front and back. :2funny:

Last edited:
I guess it's just my nature, but i am always trying to see what lies (rim-shot and "a hey, hey") behind the statistics. (Never forget that statistics are like a bikini. What they conceal may be more significant than what they reveal.) For instance, I noticed that N. Dakota has the least number of endangered species while my adopted home state has the most. My thinking goes something like this: What species would voluntarily live in N. Dakota? (Heck, even the humans are endangered there if you read the stats on population per square mile!) So, N. Dakota probably doesn't have many species to lose. Also, by comparison to the Mainland, ALL of Hawaii's species would be considered "invasive" anyway!:facepalm: In fact, 10 times more people visit Hawaii in a year than live in all of N. Dakota.:cool: Holiday cheer to all! Oh, and apologies to former, current and future inhabitants of N. Dakota, endangered or otherwise.:angel:

Funny, thought Iowa was a hoot. Most organic hogs and most hog waste, well who could of figured that out.
MRG

Grammar disclaimer: This has been bothering me since I posted. I borrowed What Your State Excels At as the thread title, lifting the phrase directly from the map title.

...in case anybody shook their head, thinking, That is what is wrong with public education today. Good thing she retired.

Back
Top Bottom