Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-20-2018, 05:07 PM   #21

The problem is your profile ('about me' if you click on your user name) doesn't say anything about you.... No gender, no state/area that you live, no tag line to give a clue about yourself...

Based on the fact you refer to yourself as 'handsome' and are looking for someone 'pretty', one can assume you are male, looking for female... but you don't state that. For example my grandmother was referred to as a handsome woman... striking looks, but not 'cute' or 'pretty'.... So the terms you chose don't really narrow it down.

Now, when pressed you admit you're looking for someone younger than you and that her looks are important... as well as her membership here at er.org.

Does it matter if....
- She's religious? (you mention church)
- She's divorced?
- She has kids?
Those can be deal breakers for some. And you didn't share if you're divorced? kids?

I wish you luck in your quest for the right mate. My husband was late 40's and I was late 30's when we met.... We met the old fashioned way - a fix-up. Let those around you know you are looking, especially family... I hope you can find the marital bliss that I was lucky enough to find.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER Eddie View Post
What's the male: female ratio on this forum, do you suppose? I'm guessing 80:20, but I don't know.
If I were to guess I'd but it closer to 60/40 male/female.... there are a lot of active posters who are female. (Self included).
Old 07-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Then 30 is Young Enough To Be Your Daughter. Shame on you, you old goat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuff2Eat View Post
OMG... Everyone here is so funny.

Do you need my Social Security number too? I am less than 55 but older than 48. I still have some original teeth, a full set of hair and seeking for female companion between 30-45. All she has to be is pretty and a member of this forum. Is that too much to ask? hihihi

enuff
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Should this thread be moved to the "Young Dreamers" forum?
“It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any - Hugh Laurie
mistermike40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:18 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
What's the male: female ratio on this forum, do you suppose? I'm guessing 80:20, but I don't know.
Interesting. I've had the thought that at least some of our members are 80% male and 20% female.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #26
gone traveling

is there a finders fee? My wife’s friend has dabbled in shooting Cupid arrows and is 3 for 3 ending in divorce, my wife was his first target
97guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:34 PM   #27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermike40 View Post
Should this thread be moved to the "Young Dreamers" forum?
Good question. Some here think marriage is about $$. Others are still dreamers (like you). A few seem to comment about relationships as if they were politics, and quite a few seem to be focused on travel. This probably does deserve a forum of it's own, but yours is a good suggestions, but moving it to "other topics" is probably something we can all agree on.

Thread moved.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #28

What's the general rule for age acceptability? I think I read it's half your age , plus 7 years. So a 50 year old shouldn't consider anyone under 31? Seems unrealistic and too young Maybe 40 minimum age.

The first rule of compounding: Never interupt it unnecessarily. Charlie Munger
UnrealizedPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:41 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealizedPotential View Post
What's the general rule for age acceptability? I think I read it's half your age , plus 7 years. So a 50 year old shouldn't consider anyone under 31? Seems unrealistic and too young Maybe 40 minimum age.

Personally, I prefer my own age. DW is two days older than me, but I’ve adjusted to the age difference.
Dash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:53 PM   #30
Full time employment: Posting here.

I'm seeing trouble if you are 60/40 and she is 40/60
zedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #31

I used to be hung up on the age thing... Till I dated a guy 10 years my junior.... Then I was convinced it was a problem. (Different stages of life between a late 30-something female and a late 20-something male. It was fun... but NOT in the 'keeper' category.) Right after that ended I met my husband - who's just shy of 10 years older than me... Fortunately he's immature so it worked out. LOL.

There is something to be said for dating someone with whom you have common historical references. Things like 9/11... Were they still in grade school?
Old 07-20-2018, 06:01 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

For the sake of compatibility, better state if you are indexer, stock picker or other; bucketeer or total return investor. What is your ideal AA? Does using an FA violate marital vows?
Old 07-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Then 30 is Young Enough To Be Your Daughter. Shame on you, you old goat! [emoji23]
I've always heard the rule of thumb is 1/2 your age plus 6 years. To this id add oldest child's age plus 5 years so you don't end up with a Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure situation.

Overall I think I'd like finding a woman who's a member of this forum. I've found most woman I meet IRL are in poor financial shape and I'm not well enough off to afford a Sugar Baby.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #34
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I'm female but I think I may have found a true love in my latest e-mail from Match.com. It's a tough choice between the guy whose only picture is a selfie of him in a wife-beater shirt with his only text: "I like to ride my Harley" or the handsome young 35-year old man who says he's European so age isn't a big deal to him.
athena53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:44 PM   #35

Yes, that’s about the extent of the choices on match.com
Sign me, Lovelorn.
Marita40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:10 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuff2Eat View Post
OMG... Everyone here is so funny.

Do you need my Social Security number too? I am less than 55 but older than 48. I still have some original teeth, a full set of hair and seeking for female companion between 30-45. All she has to be is pretty and a member of this forum. Is that too much to ask? hihihi

enuff
You'll have a higher probability of finding what you are looking for at the Publix supermarket in Downtown West Palm beach Florida than this forum. Visit that location and you'll see why.
Freedom56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:28 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

When I was a freshly divorced 50 year old, I dated a 29 year old young lady who was divorced (no children) for a short time....very short time. It was fun (at times) but not only were we not operating in the same time zone, but we were on different planets!
Old 07-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #38
Full time employment: Posting here.

Enuff, I agree with the poster who said you need to provide more information. You're so cagey about your age (but not your dream date's)! Geographical area, hobbies and interests, maybe something about your education, previous vocation (if ER), and the like? Otherwise I doubt you'll get many takers. Think about the potential reader of your post - what would she like to know about you?
trumpeting_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealizedPotential View Post
That is the proper Frenchman's rule for the appropriate age of a mistress. Not a wife. Don't ask me how I know that...

"All models are wrong, some are useful." - George Box
“There is always a well-known solution to every human problem: neat, plausible, and wrong.” - H.L. Mencken
USGrant1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:55 PM   #40
Give me a forum ...

Do you own a liquor store?

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote