Martha, I'm in my first lawsuit!! Class Action no less!!!

laurence

Moderator Emeritus
Since you said you would adopt me, I'm asking for advice. :)

Actually, it's a bit of good news, I used to work for CSC (Computer Sciences Corporation) and I recieved a letter in the mail saying an out of court settlement had been reached and I was entitled to a share. When I was working for the company, they forced us to do overtime for free, long story short is 16 employees filed a class action and now we are getting some of that overtime money back. The formula will get me something like $1,700 if there is 100% participation in the class action. Do you what percentage usually participate? Should I sign away all these rights to get this check, because it's about 20 cents on the dollar at best? Anything I should know about? Happy to provide more details, others comments are welcome!

P.S. CSC SUCKS BIG TIME! HORRIBLE COMPANY, PRESIDENT WORSHIPS SATAN. STAY FAR AWAY!!!! :mad: :mad:

My next-door neighbor in Venice, CA was a developer at CSC. He also was a Peeping Tom. I came home late one night and caught him watching my wife take a bath. Fortunately I was a hippie then, so I didn't get upset. But my wife told his wife, and she was a lot harder on him than I ever would have been. I wondered how that guy could have written code, because he was always stoned.

Mikey

I know that the class action settlement was for 24 million and that it applies to about 30,000 current and former employees. I don't know much about class actions and participation rates. However, are you going to sue them on your own for the overtime? Not likely. My personal feeling is to not opt out, but instead file your claim and buy mommy a present with what you get. :)

O.K., I figured it was a simple answer, just wanted to check with the expert. $24 million is the total, but after attorneys fees the amount to distribute is $17 mil. Maybe you should look into class actions! ;)

Do you prefer diamonds or pearls, Mom? :D

Back
Top Bottom