McMansions

That is a lake, not an ocean. The storm is a long way away.

thanks for the clarification - that's actually close to a house i own in PA - wonder if they will do a straight trade :eek:

Reality in one part of the country is different than that in other regions.

My house is 5200 square feet with two double car garages. My utilities have been running $400 in the hottest months of this somewhat hot Summer. And it's because I only run one a/c system--and leave the downstairs unit off.

The utilities are not the problem in Texas--it's the property taxes. When my best friend in North Dallas had property taxes go to $50K per year, he sold the house and moved into a luxury rental apartment. His house in Seaside, Florida has property taxes over $10K though.

Just be glad you live in the city with the best overall weather in the continental U.S. It's a shame that real estate in many California cities have demand based prices vs. a cost of construction basis'.

Yes, 72 is the high here today, although it's going to hit 80 mid week, yuck. We have a leased solar system that nets a savings of about $20/month - our electric bill in August was $10 but we had to pay the $75 lease payment, of course. But what's annoying is how high the base payment for water and sewer was. Our bill was $90 and $70 was fixed costs - only $20 bucks to wash five people's clothes, bathe, water my yard etc? But they want us to cut back on water use??

... For whatever reason, different states prefer to tax different things to raise revenue.

And then there is our former state of Illinois, which preferred to tax everything. Knew that TN was going to have less tax impact, but still were pleasantly surprised...

Back
Top Bottom