Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

easysurfer........I was just wondering how many of our thousand words we had used up..... I greatly appreciate the time& effort spent to educate me ! Thanks. I see what you mean about the wider central part. Trying to understand how that would help.
The standard gauge you show looks very similar to mine....coloring,size, and the red lettering on the bottom. Mine sez Acugage in red.....couldn't make out what yours is
called. Does that standard gauge have a bevel where it connect to the valve? Kind of looks like it in the pic.....mine doesn't. Anyway, thanks again and I appreciate your
pictorial skills.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohe View Post
easysurfer........I was just wondering how many of our thousand words we had used up..... I greatly appreciate the time& effort spent to educate me ! Thanks. I see what you mean about the wider central part. Trying to understand how that would help.
The standard gauge you show looks very similar to mine....coloring,size, and the red lettering on the bottom. Mine sez Acugage in red.....couldn't make out what yours is
called. Does that standard gauge have a bevel where it connect to the valve? Kind of looks like it in the pic.....mine doesn't. Anyway, thanks again and I appreciate your
pictorial skills.
I think the wider central part, and that the nozzle goes in deeper, plus gripping the nozzle all make the Moroso good at not leaking any air. When I do a pressure read, I only hear a puff of air leaving when first inserting. After that, no air leaks out.

I think we might have the same regular one as mine says Acugage also (not sure what you mean by the bevel). I got that from Sears for about $5 or $10 several years ago. My success with the Acugage is hit or miss (similar to you) in that sometimes I'd get a good seal, other times I'd lose a few PSI which was frustrating enough to go for the Moroso, before now using a digital cordless inflator (with replaced chuck) that has automatic shut off when the set PSI is reached.

Glad the pictures are helpful.

My Number 1 Gamer
Old 06-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

My Number 1 Gamer

Moving off topic a bit, but here is a picture of my cordless inflator that I use to do the air pressure top offs. I removed the crappy cheap plastic chuck that came with the inflator and replaced with a nice clip on brass chuck that clips on tightly to the tire valve stem. I just set the PSI to what I want, then let the inflator do the rest.

I use a smaller Craftsman drill type cordless inflator (PSI gauge broken on that inflator) and the Moreso gauge in my car for emergencies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg number 1.jpg (272.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-12-2016, 09:26 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohe View Post
The one time the trouble light came on on my Subaru Outback, the pressure was 26psi in the bad tire. I think the light is great when you have a nail or something producing a leak but I wouldn't like to run it for months and months with a sustained very slow leak with low pressures in that range. The topping off is probably a good thing to do esp if you don't monitor it.
What information you get depends on the make of the Car GM tends to put full tire pressure gauges in so that you can check the pressure and decide to add some air if needed. It is also interesting to observe the different pressures depending on the outside temp. With this observation I add air in the fall as temps get lower.