Join Early Retirement Today
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #21
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Where is Nords to weigh in on this; isn't he our #1 bacon Connoissseur?
It's still early in his time zone, well, early for a retiree, anyway.

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." - - - C. Columbus
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.
What a thorny situation. I went low carb high fat a couple months ago and have not had more than a bite or two of ice cream sampling DW's restaurant desserts in all that time. OTOH, bacon is the perfect food. What to do, what to do So I just had one for lunch today. It was pretty good but I actually liked the ice cream and chocolate and caramel more than the bacon. I suppose I had forgotten how good a big dose of sugar can taste. I feel a nap calling my name now.

CW4, USA-(ret)
RN, BSN-(ret)
jclarksnakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.
Hah! I tried one and they are GLORIOUS!

No, really, it's just their $1.29 caramel and fudge sundae with bacon chunks sprinkled on and one stick of bacon. For $2.49. Much larger than the OPs picture shows.

At 510 cal. and 18g of fat, it'll probably knock the last years off of any early retirement.

It tastes like you dumped a salt shaker on your ice cream, the first couple bites, then after the bacon is outta the way, you're back to normality.

Honestly, I'll save the $1.20 and skip the bacon next time as frugality rears its ugly head. But, a guys gotta live once in awhile.

"There's those thinkin' more or less, less is more, but if less is more, how you keepin' score?
It means for every point you make, your level drops. Kinda like you're startin' from the top..." "Society" - Eddie Vedder
CCdaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Bacon is even glorious in cheesecake. Specially with jalapenos. I figure if you eat one of these eat light at dinner.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm in!
“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.”
-John F. Kennedy

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Where is Nords to weigh in on this; isn't he our #1 bacon Connoissseur?
Sorry, I'm late to this one. But hey, it's bacon!

I think CFB is probably the board's bacon expert. But for sheer frugality, my money's on TromboneAl creating a home-cooked version out of turkey bacon, carob, and artificial sweeteners.

Personally I'm wondering if BK's logistics computer tries to assess whether bacon and ice cream orders should correlate like this. You could gridlock a lot of the supply chain if you don't handle the one-time order correctly.

The book written on, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote