Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Meetups in Charlotte (15-20 Sep) or San Antonio (21-24 Sep)
Old 08-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Meetups in Charlotte (15-20 Sep) or San Antonio (21-24 Sep)

I'll be on the Mainland for most of September, and there might be a chance for a meetup or two.

The first two events are Digital CoLab and FinCon15 in Charlotte, NC from 15-20 Sep. They're both in the downtown Westin (601 South College Street) with a few more gatherings at nearby restaurants and bars. If you're attending either of those conferences then please look me up-- I'm the middle-aged balding ponytailed surfer in the aloha shirt.
Digital CoLab 2015 Event
FinCon Media: Conference Updates, Community Hub, and Helpful TipsFinCon Media

Even if you're not attending those conferences but you happen to be near the Westin, feel free to drop by and say hello. I'll be fully engaged with Digital CoLab from 8 AM Wed to noon Thu, but I'm much less busy during FinCon. That schedule runs from ~8 AM to late at night but I don't go to each & every event. We bloggers tend to talk story in the corridors and the exhibition hall, and there's just as much business getting done outside the presentation rooms as inside them. If you see me chatting with a crowd, please walk over and interrupt us to say hello. As I've said before, at FinCon you could cut the entrepreneurial spirit in the hallways with a chainsaw.

I'll arrive in San Antonio around 4 PM on Mon 21 Sep for USAA's DigitalMilEx.
https://www.eventsusaa.com/profile/w...9&varPage=home
Yes, that Kelly Perdew.

It's all at the Omni Hotel (9821 Colonnade Boulevard near the USAA campus). This schedule is probably from 8 AM-4 PM but the crowd tends to talk story in the Omni lobby until the wee hours. I'm doing another seminar with USAA on the 24th but my spouse and I might have the afternoon/evening free to visit the River Walk again. I'll know that schedule better on the 21st.

Even if you're not going to these conferences, please ask me questions about blogging or about USAA. If I don't know the answers then I'll certainly know who to ask. I'm also happy to carry compliments (and gripes) back to USAA. As some of you know the answers might not be very happy, but at least we'll learn more about how the policy came about.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!