Megyn on the Move

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Adios, dahling. Too bad few people will see you in the future as NBC News' ratings remain in the dumps. I've read you've left behind few friends at Fox News. But I assume you've been offered the big $.

I didn't see her on Fox News, because I only have basic cable.
So now, I will see her more.

If she had "few friends", it's to be expected. People get jealous, especially if its a woman that gets the fame. That's how life rolls. It is not her job to have lots of "friends". How come that is rarely mentioned when its a man?

If she had "few friends", it's to be expected. People get jealous, especially if its a woman that gets the fame. That's how life rolls. It is not her job to have lots of "friends". How come that is rarely mentioned when its a man?

For the same reason a blunt, decisive woman is labeled a b*tch while a man with similar disposition is a "good leader"[emoji849]

I think it is sad where the news business has devolved to. It used to be that you had strong anchors reporting on what has happened. Now it seems like most 'news' consists of a panel of pompous actors talking over each other and badgering guests rather than try to conduct an interview. I used to be amazed by comments about people receiving their news from the Daily Show, Facebook, or talk radio. I guess there is no place for Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather, Connie Chung, Peter Jennings, etc style of news anymore.

Link to Monty Python Batley Townswomen's Reenactment of Pearl Harbor:
https://youtu.be/ce2jEDfPwG8?t=1m4s

Megyn Kelly moving to a different channel seems like just another tabloid article.

What exactly does she and other talk show hosts do that is worth the big bucks?

The world was not "that is the way it is" even if old Walt said so. In the old days when I stil watched TV I used to call him walt crankcase. There were very good reasons Dan and Connie went off the air...

Oh well, never mind....

I guess because "they" get credit for ratings. Fair or unfair criteria?

News today seems to be as much or more mindless entertainment.

Shhhh! Are we even allowed to talk about this? :(

Last edited:
For the same reason a blunt, decisive woman is labeled a b*tch while a man with similar disposition is a "good leader"[emoji849]

I'm pretty sure it's b*tch and a-hole, not good leader. It requires a lot more to be a good leader.

Megyn on the move -- who cares.

Now a Talking Heads reunion -- that would be news.

I did not think she would be able to remain on cable after NBC News cut Brian Williams.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/business/media/megyn-kelly-nbc-fox-news.html?_r=0

Looking back, Brian Williams was just ahead of his time as he boasted about events as if facts didn't matter. Perfect for today's type of news coverage :facepalm:.

I hope Megyn won't be the main substitute when Lester isn't around. But does looks NBC was playing musical chairs around the holidays. I had growing respect for Megyn but she kinda caved to an "event" for the ratings.

Last edited:
Ahemm....... Speaking of Journalism... whatever that may be?

Rosanne rosanna dona speking to the graduating class of columbia journalism skool

And... she saw walt cronkite in his office eating a sandwich. Which she describes at around mark 3.25

Last edited:
What exactly does she does.... that is worth the big bucks?

I dunno....I just like lookin' at her; don't care what she says. I must be in the minority.

Last edited:
I think it is sad where the news business has devolved to. It used to be that you had strong anchors reporting on what has happened. Now it seems like most 'news' consists of a panel of pompous actors talking over each other and badgering guests rather than try to conduct an interview. I used to be amazed by comments about people receiving their news from the Daily Show, Facebook, or talk radio. I guess there is no place for Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather, Connie Chung, Peter Jennings, etc style of news anymore.

Link to Monty Python Batley Townswomen's Reenactment of Pearl Harbor:
https://youtu.be/ce2jEDfPwG8?t=1m4s

Megyn Kelly moving to a different channel seems like just another tabloid article.
Strong anchors never did just report. They slanted to their views. Always been true. Cronkite & Rather were very slanted imo. Much better with a diversity of slants available.

I agree that panels & talk shows aren't news, just opinions. Only such things as the stock market moves & the number murdered in Chicago today are hard news.

Pretty sure O'Reilly jealous of her success & happy she's going.

Didn't watch her much, but did time to time. Too much news, not enough opinion. :)

Strong anchors never did just report. They slanted to their views. Always been true. Cronkite & Rather were very slanted imo. Much better with a diversity of slants available.

I agree that panels & talk shows aren't news, just opinions. Only such things as the stock market moves & the number murdered in Chicago today are hard news.

Too bad pretty much every report about stock market moves includes speculation about what caused the move as "news". Pick any random day when the market moves .5-1% (without major news) and you'll find at least 5 different reasons for the move in "news" articles/reports. Often you can find at least 3 different "causes" cited by the same organization. That's not "news", it's conjecture masquerading as news.

She played her hand well at a time when her stock was up - have to applaud her for that no matter the views.

She had a 20M offer to stay put, but wanted to spend evenings at home with her kids vs. 9pm at work every night. Probably took a few mil less for the balance and flexibility.

By bolting from Fox and going to NBC, though I don't see her replacing Lester anytime soon and wouldn't consider her the number 2 at the station, maybe there is hope for Megyn after all. If NBC wantst to make her a future lead anchor, I may end up watching Scott Pelly :blush: after all.

This move by Megyn Kelly from Fox to NBC makes me wonder how many MSNBC, CNBC and NBC current news employees got their noses out of joint because they are bringing in an outsider. Like someone said, it's all about the money, as it should be.

Back
Top Bottom