Join Early Retirement Today

Men who do housework may get more sex
Old 03-13-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Men who do housework may get more sex

Men who do housework may get more sex - Yahoo! News

"If a guy does housework, it looks to the woman like he really cares about her — he's not treating her like a servant," said Coleman, who is affiliated with the Council on Contemporary Families. "And if a woman feels stressed out because the house is a mess and the guy's sitting on the couch while she's vacuuming, that's not going to put her in the mood."
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm going to need more specifics - exactly how much more sex can I count on. While I'm waiting, I'll start building the spreadsheet I'll need to analyze.
Arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Finally somebody GETS it! You guys, read the article and roll up your sleeves. Doing housework (a.k.a. pulling your own weight) is very attractive in a man.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

It's too bad that Spitzer didn't read this six years ago. Perhaps he would have chosen a different strategy.
Arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Nothing more sexy than seeing a man doing the dishes.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

so THAT'S why my DH2B is always emptying out and filling the dishwasher for us.

and he still works.

why that rascal!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

We're 50/50 on everything here but cooking. I don't let her in the kitchen.

Will get back to you....
Marquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #8
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Nothing more sexy than seeing a man doing the dishes.
Nothing is more of a turn off than having just done the dishes, having chapped hands and being expected to "perform"! Hey, am I just a piece of meat here!?
honobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:27 PM   #9

I love to cook. Dont mind sweeping and dusting. Hate cleaning the bathroom. I think our next house will have stainless steel bathroom with a fire hose hookup. BLAM its cleaned.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
so THAT'S why my DH2B is always emptying out and filling the dishwasher for us.

and he still works.

why that rascal!
Khan, now look what you went and did! The gals know everything!
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #11
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
Men who do housework may get more sex - Yahoo! News

"If a guy does housework, it looks to the woman like he really cares about her — he's not treating her like a servant," said Coleman, who is affiliated with the Council on Contemporary Families. "And if a woman feels stressed out because the house is a mess and the guy's sitting on the couch while she's vacuuming, that's not going to put her in the mood."

If this is true with all the cooking and home maintenance that CFB does It is amazing that he has time to post !
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
Khan, now look what you went and did! The gals know everything!

KHAANNNN!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #13
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
KHAANNNN!
Come on ya gotta have the visuals with that.

La tavola e il letto non hanno restrizioni.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #14
Recycles dryer sheets

It's hard to take the article seriously when it starts with, "American men still don't pull their weight when it comes to housework and child care, but collectively they're not the slackers they used to be." This is yet another example of male bashing that is not correlated with reality.

Men as a group have never been slackers. Men have dedicated their lives to supporting their families and children, much to their own detriment. For example, 90-95% of workplace fatalities are men. And you can't compare hauling a 10-ton downed tree up a 30% slope with new ways to get underarm stains out of clothes. Many women have the *opportunity* and make the *choice* to spend more time at home due to the sacrifices that their husbands make.

Studies consistently show that when work performed in the labor market and at home are included, men perform as much if not more work than women. For example, the Michigan Institute for Social Research finds that women spend about 10 hours a week more than men on housework, but that men spend about 13 hours a week more than women in the labor market. This 3-hour difference is even higher when the greater commuting time of men is considered. (To be truthful, there are studies that don't find the above to be true. But in these studies, household chores typically performed by men are not included and/or they make incorrect assumptions about definitions - they assume that a "full-time" working woman spends as much time in the labor market as a "full-time" working man.)

I wonder how people would react if an article from the Associate Press started with, "American women still don't pull their weight when it comes to the job market, but collectively they're not the slackers they used to be." Or how about this. "Ladies. If you want your husbands to give you more sex, get off your bon-bon eating butts and start earning your share of the money." One thing is certain, if such an article appeared, the author and editor would be looking for new work.
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattusbabe View Post
Come on ya gotta have the visuals with that.

Thanks! I couldnt find one.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
I wonder how people would react if an article from the Associate Press started with, "American women still don't pull their weight when it comes to the job market, but collectively they're not the slackers they used to be." Or how about this. "Ladies. If you want your husbands to give you more sex, get off your bon-bon eating butts and start earning your share of the money." One thing is certain, if such an article appeared, the author and editor would be looking for new work.
Shawn, I read all your posts because compared to you I sound like Betty Friedan.

Ha
Old 03-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Okay, I think I'll take this together with the "women who wear high heels have a healthier sex life" thread, take the average of these two threads and call it a draw.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #18

No wonder my dad was so willing to help out around the house when I was a kid. He always ran the vacuum, did the windows, helped with the dishes and made sure all us kids got a bath every night and into bed on time. Plus he took care of the yard and garden. And I learned at his side. We never left the kitchen after dinner without rinsing off our dishes in the sink and taking out the trash.

I've always helped around the house. When we get up from the table I clean up the dishes and load the dishwasher while DW puts away any leftovers. And I wash, dry and put away all the stuff we don't put in the dishwasher and empty the dishwasher when it's done.

I vacuum and do windows, clean the bathrooms and scrub the kitchen floor. Since I've been retired I do the grocery shopping and even tried my hand at cooking. Baked my first loaf of bread last weekend.

The outside is my domain with mowing and edging and taking care of the house. So far, I've avoided the laundry detail beyond folding clothes from the dryer, I'm not to be trusted with whites and colors in the washer. But DW still thinks I'm trainable.

Guess my dad and DW have trained me well, now when does the sex part come into play?
UncleHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:23 AM   #19

Doesn't work at our house.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:39 AM   #20

I do most of the house work and all the cooking as i'm retired and the wife still works 3 days a week,i'm supposed to get more sex for doing this??,maybe i'll suggest she do a bit more of the houseworkas after 40yrs together the sex thing aint that important..