Merry X-mas to All.............

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
A little early, but I am heading out soon to drink my uncle's liquor and talk smart..........er.........celebrate the holidays with family.......

So............Merry Christmas, and travel safe.

I guess to the folks on here who are "FIRED", EVERYDAY seems like X-mas, no:confused:

:LOL: :LOL:

FinanceDude said:
I guess to the folks on here who are "FIRED", EVERYDAY seems like X-mas, no:confused:

img_458223_0_5f2dcfffae10e62977df673c03985534.gif

Don't post much, but I love lurking around here.
Feel like I know some of you and I obviously have a lot in common with most here. Just wanted to say I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday.

DOG52 said:
Here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas! :)

img_458231_0_329f0a8063154cf43f39c7f38bff1b7f.jpg

WHERE did you get a picture of DW:confused: She TOLD me she gave that modeling gig up................. :( :( :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

DOG52 said:
Tell her hello for me. ;)

Must have been when she was young and foolish............. :LOL: :LOL:

I have her "tamed down" now........... ;)

FinanceDude said:
WHERE did you get a picture of DW:confused: She TOLD me she gave that modeling gig up................. :( :( :eek: :LOL: :LOL:
FinanceDude said:
Must have been when she was young and foolish............. :LOL: :LOL:
I have her "tamed down" now........... ;)
TH's response would be "Would you like to buy the rest of the portfolio?"

From our side of the mountain to yours........A Very Merry Christmas!
img_458832_0_52deac688b128e7c77cf70951a09b079.gif

Important Note: For those not of the Merry Christmas persuasion, I have posted a Happy Holidays greeting on the Happy Holidays thread.

I'm lucky because every year I get two Christmases.  DW is born and raised Swede, and in Sweden, Christmas is celebrated on Dec 24.  So, on the 24th we have ham and Swedish food, and I do much of the cooking and all of the cleanup.

On the 25th we have the American style Christmas, and DW does the cooking and clean up.

DD does clean up as well.

I hope you're all enjoying the holidays as much as we are!

I'm going to go help out now, because I'm hearing sounds of PTS from the kitchen (Pre-Turkey Stress).

T-Al's "two Christmases" post about all those meals reminds me of the sweet potato casserole with a brown sugar and pecan topping my mom always made for the holidays and that I've had every Christmas for almost 60 years. The only time I missed out was when I was in the military and spending Christmas away from my family in some 'garden spot' or other. Makes me think about all those men and women far from home right now and how sad it is for them during the holidays. I hope they all make it home safely and soon.

But back to food....I know many people use marshmallows as a toping on this dish rather than brown sugar. If you are one of those people, please don't tell me as it will diminish my respect for you during a time when I'm trying to think nothing but good thoughts. I can't help think that someone who would put marshmallows on a sweet potato casserole would probably also put beans in chili. And we all know the next step is ketchup on eggs followed by the rapid decline of civilization as we know it.

Oops. Gotta go now and watch the Cowboys mop up flop against the Eagles....

EDIT: Revised to reflect the sorry @ss effort by Dallas.

REWahoo! said:
But back to food....I know many people use marshmallows as a toping on this dish rather than brown sugar. If you are one of those people, please don't tell me as it will diminish my respect for you during a time when I'm trying to think nothing but good thoughts. I can't help think that someone who would put marshmallows on a sweet potato casserole would probably also put beans in chili. And we all know the next step is ketchup on eggs followed by the rapid decline of civilization as we know it.

I will give you other reason for you to lose respect for me. My sis in law made a carrot souffle dish that looked and tasted just like sweet potato casserole. I was skeptical, but it was mmmm mmmm good. My nephew, who owns a bbq restaurant, brought some dry ribs. I skipped the smoked turkey and buried my face in the ribs. :)

No, I don't like ketchup on my eggs.

REWahoo! said:
Oops. Gotta go now and watch the Cowboys mop up flop against the Eagles....

EDIT: Revised to reflect the sorry @ss effort by Dallas.
NOTE TO SELF; Check Mapquest to see if the Ozarks are closer to Philly or Dallas :-[

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I fixed Christmas dinner twice this year. I fixed it when my DD's fiance was home (he is in the Navy in CA) and then again on Christmas Day. My DD and her fiance were having Lean Cuisine Turkey dinners on Christmas Day. They had a small refrigerator and a microwave in the quarters where they were staying.

I agree with Martha that Chili is not Chili without beans!

Back
Top Bottom