Michael Moore's message to conservatives

Martha said:
OK guys, nobody said you can't have an opinion. I have an opinion too. My opinion is that making fun of people because of how they look is mean.

So as one of the former "fat people", I can't forge an opinion.........I used to look like Jared before Subway........... ::)

Anyway, Michael Moore has MANY issues, so how about the fact his so-called "documentaries" are fictional accounts of real events? If you're a journalist, it's not hard to find conspiracy theorists run amok after a tragedy like 9/11:confused:

I like documentaries that present an ACTUAL account of events, much like the ones the late Ed Murrow used to do.......THOSE WERE documentaries.............. ;)

FinanceDude said:
I like documentaries that present an ACTUAL account of events, much like the ones the late Ed Murrow used to do.......THOSE WERE documentaries.............. ;)
Oh, you mean when he documented the lives of Hollywood celebrities relaxing in their living rooms... :D
Yeah, I know he did fit some more serious stuff in, but he did lay the ground work for Barbara Waters and her ilk as well as 60 minutes...its all entertainment isn't...with us sitting in our lazy-boys munching on snacks and getting fatter... :)

Mr._johngalt said:
Michael Moore is a big fat ignorant pervert, lacking in any class and an
embarrassment to all true Americans. I'm pretty sure he smells funny too,
but am hopeful I never get close enough to prove this.

JG

So, you haven't yet decided to add copies of his "documentaries" to your DVD collection?

The statement isn't terribly clear-- ...
Martha

Yes, I'll certainly agree with you there. But Moore's intimation and bias were clear. It is one of Moore's tools ... that snide swipe of intimation with almost enough truth to sound logical. Some people eat it up ... and if they eat up too much, they become fat ... oops. ;)

Taping to the mirror as well ... especially just before the holidays ...

Anybody's message to me is like watching TV on mute until I see that what comes out of their mouth matches what they do - goes for anyone. I dislike rhetoric that is extreme and dislike liars more - they are a waste of my time. I put a lot of our media hounds in that category and try to avoid wasting any of my precious time on their pronouncements.

In the case of politics, history will show how the actions add up across the board - also how it will match what they said...I'm still waiting for the supposed 'impeachment' to occur - if not, then I have another benchmark with which to judge the alignment between mouths and actions. (and that last sentence in no way says I am for or against impeachment, just waiting to see how the rhetoric of one party will match their actions)

Deserat

Mr._johngalt said:

JG

I'm pretty comfortable being on the opposite side of JG on just about any argument. If you did not know who MM was, on it's surface it's a good message, despite everyone who wants to kill the messenger....Shredder

Mr._johngalt said:

JG
John, I believe you are suffering from what Sig & Anna Freud called psychological projection :
Whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, feelings, traits — basically parts of oneself — onto someone else (usually another person, but psychological projection onto animals, inanimate objects — even religious constructs — also occurs). :) The good news is, as soon as one acknowledges a problem, the healing has begun.... ;)

Mr._johngalt said:

JG

You realize you could easily substitute Rush Limpbaugh in the above sentence? ::)

alphabet soup said:
You realize you could easily substitute Rush Limpbaugh in the above sentence? ::)

We sure agree on that alphabet. MM is as pathetic as Rush. ;)

My next Netflix for Sat is..

This Divided State

When Michael Moore was invited to speak at Utah Valley State College in 2004, his reputation as a liberal firebrand took center stage, igniting an ideological clash between right-wing opponents and left-wing supporters -- and necessitating the appearance of Fox News personality Sean Hannity.

astromeria said:
6. Even though you have opposed environmental regulation, when we clean up our air and water, we, the Democratic majority, will let you, too, breathe the cleaner air and drink the purer water.

Umm, wasn't the EPA established in 1970, under Republican leadership?

Weren't the first Fuel Economy standards put in place in 1972, under Republican Leadership?

Aren't we ALL breathing cleaner air now because of it. I love how he tries to twist it all.

Wasn't the Emancipation Procla... oh, sorry, never mind -wrong topic.

MM is as bad, maybe worse than the far right wing wackos, IMO.

-ERD50

peggy said:
I really, really, try to avoid the political threads. But this just left me shaking my head. So (deep breath) here goes.

I'm not "dismayed," "disheartened," or "in a funk." The Republicans deserved to lose that election. That does not, however, mean that the Democrats deserved to win. It just means that there weren't any other choices available in many races in my district.

That's what I'm worried about.

... Honestly -- nothing would please me better than for SOMEONE -- Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Martian -- to make things better for us all.

Some Republicans are, too -- hence the election results.

Wow peggy, I just went back and read this thread from the beginning. Your post nailed my feelings exactly. Great job. Anyone jumping in should go back and read the entire post - I just snipped a bit.

I love how MM started it all off by setting up that straw man that we are 'dismayed' and 'distraught' by this. It goes downhill from there.

I think it's sad that people take him (or the right wing equivalents) seriously. Sad.

-ERD50

ERD50 said:
Umm, wasn't the EPA established in 1970, under Republican leadership?

Weren't the first Fuel Economy standards put in place in 1972, under Republican Leadership?
Those were the good old days. I used to vote for republicans back then...

DanTien said:
Those were the good old days. I used to vote for republicans back then...

I agree, the reps have a lousy current record on the environment. I just take issue with MM and one sided views.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom